24" barrel Saiga 12 vs. Benelli Nova?

I'm thinking of adding another Saiga 12 for sporting uses (trap shooting, rabbit and pheasant hunting) and I'm torn between getting a Benelli Nova 28" barrel vs. a 24" barrel Saiga 12.

With the 24" barrel Saiga 12 I can use all of my current mags, super reliable, light weight and greater reach than my current 19" barrel Saiga 12, cheap. When hunting with my 19" it seems to not get as much distance as my friends' pump shotties with 28" barrels even when I'm using 3" shells with a full-choke. But I feel that even with the longer barrel the Saiga still won't match the performance from a longer barrelled pump shottie.

Will the 24" barrel Saiga 12 be much better for sporting purposes than my 19" barrel Saiga 12? Doesn't the 24" have a built in full choke? Or is it a modified or improved cylinder?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm thinking of adding another Saiga 12 for sporting uses (trap shooting, rabbit and pheasant hunting) and I'm torn between getting a Benelli Nova 28" barrel vs. a 24" barrel Saiga 12.

With the 24" barrel Saiga 12 I can use all of my current mags, super reliable, light weight and greater reach than my current 19" barrel Saiga 12, cheap. When hunting with my 19" it seems to not get as much distance as my friends' pump shotties with 28" barrels even when I'm using 3" shells with a full-choke. But I feel that even with the longer barrel the Saiga still won't match the performance from a longer barrelled pump shottie.

Will the 24" barrel Saiga 12 be much better for sporting purposes than my 19" barrel Saiga 12? Doesn't the 24" have a built in full choke? Or is it a modified or improved cylinder?

Thanks for any suggestions.

The longer barrels don't exactly shoot farther. There just more accurate when swinging. The longer barrel gives you a smoother swing and better follow through. Ever notice that most trap shooters are using 28" or longer barrels.

With my 2 19" S-12s I can "snipe" at 100yds with any decent rifled slug (even Wolf). 8" groups and much less (5"?) at 100 are common with a 19". You don't really need any longer. MAYBE bvarrels up to 20" can actually show a measurable difference at 100 yds, and then, MAYBE.

With my 2 19" S-12s I can "snipe" at 100yds with any decent rifled slug (even Wolf). 8" groups and much less (5"?) at 100 are common with a 19". You don't really need any longer. MAYBE bvarrels up to 20" can actually show a measurable difference at 100 yds, and then, MAYBE.

With slugs, there is no problem, but I've experienced a loss of distance when using #7 or #8 target loads when hunting rabbits. I've even tried 3" #4 buckshot and it helped a little but I could make longer shots on rabbits using my buddies' longer 28" barrels.

Just wondering if the 24" barrel will give me any appreciable increase in distance?

Longer barrels tend to make more use of the powder burn, resulting in more velocity.

24" Saiga barrels comes standard with what the Russians call Full choke. By U.S. standards, this would be XTRA FULL. Also some gas is being bled off to operate the action of the semi auto Saiga.