M16 Bayonet Doesn't Fit...

:rolleyes: dpms sells an m-16 bayonet lug you can bolt on the barrel of your pc ar and i was thinking of getting this for my saiga12 and either reaming out the collar or just cutting off the lug and welding it to the barrel itself (choate used to sell such a thing years ago). NOTE: all this would have been POST awb (IF it sunsets...)

anyway, as you may or may not have known, the muzzle ring of the m16 bayonet will fit perfectly over the barrel of any u.s. 12ga shotgun BUT IT WON'T FIT OVER THE MUZZLE OF THE SAIGA!!! damn!!! i think it's cuz of the finish, the saiga barrel is almost microscopically TOOO big for the ring...and i don't want to ream out the ring cuz i have an ar, too...and i don't want to go scraping the finish off the barrel cuz the piece is brand new...oh well, maybe i'll revisit this once i've dinged the gun up some! :D :D :D man, i'd love to stick one of them 16" blades on the end of this sucker! i have a winchester 1897 trench gun and it looks very very cool with the heatshield and the bayo!

hmmm, heat shield...

Was drooling idiot reffering to the S-12 or a saiga rifle? I'd love to put my folding Ren 870 stock on my s-12, but the pg would be illegal :unsure:

i 'm a tall guy ( 6'7" ) so even post AWB i'm looking for a long lenght of pull on my saiga 12 shotgun. the PG stock would go on after the parts count came down. :angel:

why couldn't the "lug" be removable? My reasoning is not too many people here would have access to a MIG/TIG welder to put a true bayo lug on their gun. Not to mention the chance of messing the barrel harmonics up (not that big of a deal if it's smooth bore) I was thinking of a scope ring type of lug. One that could be slid over the barrel, then tightened down when it was in the right place. If you want it off, just loosen the screw and slide it off. Just a thought :rolleyes:

That is what DPMS offers, and my designs, though completely different, attach in a similar manner, with tightening screws or locking pins. The gas block lugs do not touch the barrel. The one for the shotgun would, but in a uniform manner, and like you said, it's a smoothbore anyway.

I think the SIG bayonet is a great knife in and of itself. If there is interest I will make mounts for them, though I do not have a Saiga 12 to model it, so I will need co-operation. A front site is also a possibility, like on the same piece.

I will plan to make them, even if on an individual basis. This is only a plan, though, so don't bet the farm on it, but just to be on the same page it is my plan to make such a thing. It would be legal now, since bayo lugs on shotguns are unrestricted.

Bayonets on shotguns is cool, I've wanted to put one on mine for a while but can't weld :rolleyes:

I think you could, I bet I (or anyone who welds) could have you running awsome beads by that same night. Besides hunting, guns, riding quads, and camping welding is my other love :wub:

Well now I know that they are NOT regulated I WILL buy one if you make them ^_^

Well then, you could help me by measuring your barrel diameter with a caliper or micrometer. Down to 0.001" would be best. If you can, that would really help to get things going.

I'd like to offer an integrated front site, but I'm aware that different S-12s have different site heights, or so I've been told.

Well then, you could help me by measuring your barrel diameter with a caliper or micrometer. Down to 0.001" would be best. If you can, that would really help to get things going.

I'd like to offer an integrated front site, but I'm aware that different S-12s have different site heights, or so I've been told.

I would LOVE to do it, but my Saiga is still at the factory. :cryss: My FFL refuses to order one gun from a store, when he could save on shipping if he had two coming. I offered to pay my own shipping, but he said it's killer, and he gets awsome deals. Oh well it will be soon enough. :rolleyes: Besides he's not charging me an FFL fee so it's all good I guess

man!!! i don't know why i didn't think about this before but i.m.a. makes a repro of the m1897 trench gun heat shield/bayo lug for about $100!

all you have to do is make a couple grooves on the underside of the barrel to lock the assembly in place and knock off the bead front sight and you should be good to go. oh yeah, you'll have to either cut off the heatshield or trim it back to the gas block...i think cutting it off altogether would look better.

20047301389787785748023.jpg

Edited by hardcorps1775

Phooey, mine will be a chunk under $50...

$100 for the mount, $80 for the bayonet...

How about $50 (gross overestimate) for the lug and $15 for the bayo?

You guys are killing me talking about spending this much... Just measure the barrel! :lolol: Besides, I think the SIG bayonet looks better on the Saiga. If you guys want a real pig sticker bayonet, I'll design a mount to fit the Mauser bayonet. What say y'all?

Edited by BattleRifleG3