Crossing my fingers - Saiga 30-06 incoming

The 30-06 is more tapered than a 308, but not that tapered, and not rimmed. It would be like putting 223 in a 7.62x39mm AK magazine.

If you work long and hard enough you could make any mag work, but at some point it becomes easier to make a fresh magazine.

I still think German MG mags are the only possibility that hasn't been ruled out. If there was a way to weld superior feed lips to a BAR mag before chopping the front end to kingdom come that might be another slim possibility.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

This one would need feed lips welded I suspect.

Madsen LMG 30 Round .30-06 Magazines

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?ch...perSKU=&MC=

These are intriguing

And another possible:

Breda M1935 GP Semi-Auto 25 Round 6.5 x 54mm Magazine

218990.jpg

I was actually going to get a Saiga in 30-'06, until I saw that it didn't look at all like .223, 7.62x39, or the .308. To me, it's a bit on the hideous side. I still want an M1 Garand, but a new one is mucho dinaro. According to the CMP web site all they have right now is the Rack Grade, all other grades are sold out. One good thing, they have lots of surplus 30-'06 ammo! The ammo description is interesting: the bullets attract magnets. Hmmmm!!!!!!

Is it me, or is there just some innate need for folks to look to buy a new rifle solely for the purpose of "trying to make a new hicap" for it?!?!?

I mean... when it comes right down to it... thats really all this thread seems to be about...

"heres the gun"...."oooh- aaahhhh" :up: :up: Yupp thats a sweet looking new Saiga 100 in 30'06....

"Now... lets figure out how to make hicaps for it" .... :huh::eek: WHAT?!?!?!? Why not just go SHOOT IT AND ENJOY?!?!?!!?

I guess I just dont get it... this is from the same person that DOESNT NEED a hicap for his .308, or more than just the one mag either... so... call me strange...

:smoke:

Is it me, or is there just some innate need for folks to look to buy a new rifle solely for the purpose of "trying to make a new hicap" for it?!?!?

I mean... when it comes right down to it... thats really all this thread seems to be about...

"heres the gun"...."oooh- aaahhhh" :up: :up: Yupp thats a sweet looking new Saiga 100 in 30'06....

"Now... lets figure out how to make hicaps for it" .... :huh::eek: WHAT?!?!?!? Why not just go SHOOT IT AND ENJOY?!?!?!!?

I guess I just dont get it... this is from the same person that DOESNT NEED a hicap for his .308, or more than just the one mag either... so... call me strange...

Personally if its High-cap anything I'm for it. I enjoy sending large volumes of lead downrange in a short ammount of time. That being said its pretty costly to do (for me a college student) and its not about accuracy with me. That and the high-cap 06' is one more baby step towards a BAR :smoke:

ya can call me messed up thats ok i know my wiring is off, along with firing order..

Triple K has 10 shot metal mags for the Remington pump/auto rifles. USA mags used to make a 20 shot for the Rem guns. The USA mags have a bad rep but the body could be modified. Valmet had a 30-06 version with 8 shot mags, I think. RamLine also made some polymer 10 shot mags for the Rems. What do you think of the new safety? Is it quiet? Could it br used on the other Saigas?

I'll say it again... At some point, with all the work you put into modifying a mag, it makes more sense just to make a new mag or an extension for the short mag.

Plastic mags for the Rem 7400/7600 do go up to 10rds, but the problem is that they're single stack. That's right, they just feed up one side of the receiver. So there's a big mag without really big capacity.

The whole reason they made the mag so small on the Saiga 100 was to have it more or less flush with the receiver. If we're going to make a big mag, we might as well give it a capacity worthy of its physical size.

Ya know... it JUST occured to me the "hicap need mindset" ... and Guys... I TOTALLY agree with you!!! :up::lol::up:

See here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry121615

Maybe yall can work with me on this one too... and I can offer my insight as well...

THANKS !!!! Y'all are the BEST!!! :up: