15 Round Chinese mags

Saw some 15 round Chinese mags. Can these be made to work in the Saiga? Are they worth 15.00?

IF I knew they would work for me, and were in good-excellent shape, they would be worth it to me (assuming I couldn't get them from another seller for, say, $10-$12 ;>). I paid about $10 each for my new steel Galil 12-rd mags: even though I had to 'tweak' the left-side feed lips, I like the result.

Maybe I would be fine with 15-rd mags because I like 20-rd mags, generally speaking, better than 30s (I use military 20s in my FAL and my ArmaLite). And way back when I owned a Winchester M-1 carbine, I liked the 15s better than the 30s (it was hard to find reliable 30s then - I can't imagine how close to impossible it must be now). The only reason I went with the 35-rd Galil Orlites when I converted my Saiga, was because the mags were priced so low I couldn't pass up the deal (four 35-rd Orlites, at that time, for the cost of one Bulgy 20-rd mag).

Another consideration: does anyone happen to know if the Chicom .223 mags can be converted to 'bolt-hold-open' mags like the Chicom 7.62x39 mags? If so, that might be a plus.

Finally, I'm assuming they could be made to work somehow, at least in someSaigas - maybe one of you gents with the milled front trunnions ('that allows the use of any .223 AK mag in the world' ;>) would care to pipe in...

Saw some 15 round Chinese mags. Can these be made to work in the Saiga? Are they worth 15.00?

Can these be made to work in the Saiga? - Are they Norinco or Poly-Tech? Norinco .223 mag's are propritary and are slightly smaller on the outside measurement that standard AK mags and you might have a problem with them locking in in the rifle. If Poly-Tech, you have a better chance of the fitting.

Are they worth 15.00? - Probably Yes... (Norinco .223 (AK-84S NMH-92, BWK-92, etc.) 30-rounders go for about $40 - $45 each - when you can find them. Even Norinco 5 and 10-rounders go for about $15 - $20, if in decent shape...)

How many can you get? I would give you a poly mag for your saiga for 2 of them. pay cash for the rest. The poly mag is new and I think its a 20 rounder.

Anyone got a couple Norinco 30rd .223 mags for reasonable id be interested.

you ,me and everyone else that has one .I remember when CFA had a 4 pack of them for 80 bucks!

you have a problem with yours doing double taps with winchester ammo . my underfolder will if i get down on the trigger.

Anyone got a couple Norinco 30rd .223 mags for reasonable id be interested.

you ,me and everyone else that has one .I remember when CFA had a 4 pack of them for 80 bucks!

you have a problem with yours doing double taps with winchester ammo . my underfolder will if i get down on the trigger.

FWIW, I remember when Chicom .223 underfolders were advertised for $179 a piece. I assume the .223 mags were cheap then, too. On the other hand, my experience with Chicom rifles indicates that their 'quality control' varies from 'EXCELLENT' to 'HOMICIDAL.' Word of advice: before you purchase a Chinese firearm, figure out which type of 'quality control' you'll be buying into...

;>)

i got 2 of the 223 guns both are nice. I think my under folder just needs a little stronger fireing pin spring. It want double tap on surplus ammo. just the good stuff and it has to be a real rapid fire thing. almost bump fire speed.

Like I said, it's a mixed bag with the Chicom stuff. A buddy of mine had an SKS that was absolutely lovely. I liked it so much, I bought one for myself - that ended up being unsafe to shoot (there were times it would fire, when you clicked the safety from 'safe' to 'fire.' Ain't that just dandy? I corrected the problem, by smoothing out some rough internal parts, and sold it because I wasn't sure something else might not go wrong with it). And then there was the heavy-barrel Chicom AK that a friend had, that had severe problems with the mag release.

Bottom line: look 'em over carefully before you buy - some are absolutely excellent, and well worth the money...

;>)