Saiga 12ga buffer

Hi

is there any recoil buffer for the saiga?

I use them for the AK 47 but I do not know if they will work on the 12ga?

1 Has anyone used one?

2 is there any reduction of recoil?

3 Maybe it would increase the life of the shotgun?

thanks

the same ones you use on your AK works in your saiga12. I dont use them, but I might get a few just because? It takes the snap out of the bolt throwing back against the receiver, so it absorbs part of the recoil's shock by design. I would guess it would increase the life a little bit, yeh. Blackjack is a forum member here. Message him and ask him for specifics if that didnt cover it for ya.

Thanks Bvamp.

Have installed one in the saiga 12ga, will try it out in 2 or 3 weeks.

What I do not like is to much recoil. Even on magnum settings, there is big recoil.

Example: 12 shots I had broken skin on my sholder. that's not a problem but think if I shot 50 rds.

I do not feel there will be any ejection problems.

HI guys,

I make the Blackjack recoil buffers and yes the same buffer used on the AK's work on the Saiga-12. I use the green buffer on my 12, I have pictures and installation instructions to install a buffer on a S-12 posted on my web site. Hope this helps.

The AK buffer Dillon Precision sells in it's catalog (the guys who make those reloading presses) works very good in the Saiga-12. Have no experience with the BlackJack. The AK buffer made by Buffer Tech is worthless IMO in the Saiga-12 (the little hole that's in the middle of it is not big enough (without first coring it out, that is) to fit the little "tit" that sticks out the back of the Saiga-12's bolt.

I shot 3" mag slugs out of my S-12 with no butt pad and with the #1 gas setting felt some sting after a box of em. I ordered the green AK buffer, installed it, if for anything wear and tear on the slam back into the receiver - it has worked flawlessly. I have put about 800+ shells through my Saiga 12 after that - it does not affect ejection of low power shot loads, and helps a tremendous amout if shooting heavy load slugs or magnum BB. I even checked it out a few times during cleaning and can see some crease marks in the buffer where the bolt hardware was slamming back into what used to be metal.

I'd highly recommend it. I bought mine off of ebay (only AK accessory I bought off ebay) for 12.00.

Actually, I think I bought one from Blackjack, if he still sells the green ones. About a one minute installation, and very high quality material. I think it will last as long as the Saiga will, or at least the recoil spring and gas tube.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/bjbcatalog.html

12.00-14.00 including shipping.

dawg

Hey Randy!

I have your new green buffer in my VEPR K... the VEPR K (7.62x39) still kicks very badly, and I have never shot it w/o the buffer. So far its holding up very well, but I've only been shooting it single load at like 2-3 rounds a minute max.

The only damage inflicted on the buffer is an indentation of the firing butt striking surface and part of the bolt. :)

The VEPR K jumps up and back way too hard (I rested it on sandbags and it jumped up and slammed down on the bags...) so I'm still on the quest to reduce recoil.

-Charlie

I have your new green buffer in my VEPR K... the VEPR K (7.62x39) still kicks very badly, and I have never shot it w/o the buffer. So far its holding up very well, but I've only been shooting it single load at like 2-3 rounds a minute max.

The only efficient way to reduce recoil in Vepr K is to install compensator to it: http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=231&3=222

I use this type of comp in my Sako 92S and it works like a dream!

I've considered a compensator, but the only way I can legally install one now is to use set-screws. Assuming Michigan does pass an AWB (or if the Federal AWB is renewed), I wouldn't be able to use a threading kit on 9/15/04.

I have a .56" OD barrel that doesn't seem to work with most set-screw brakes, or would it? I haven't seen any threading kits that would work with .56" barrels? Or am I worrying about nothing?

I'll be relocating my bipod (so that the Harris clips onto the handguard and not the gas block) and installing a vented gas tube. I'd definitely want to install a compensator but only if I can do it the right way or in a way that will stay on permanently on a .556" to .56" barrel.

actually, i was reading somewhere, that the threaded muzzle thing is applicable to common threadings for known products. I was looking into putting a suppressor of some type onto my SAR1, and that was the only way that I could legally do it, once I got the parts count down. where to find unthreaded muzzle attachments though is the question...