Saiga 7.62 - Wholesalers/Distributors?

Hi All - I recently unloaded (haha) a WASR-10 HC and am interested in a Saiga 7.62. I love my Saiga 308, and I will eventually have to collect them all.

The 7.62 will be converted to an evil "assault weapon" in late September if all goes well.

I'm interested in picking one up thru one of my local FFLs.

Which wholesalers/distributors have them in stock lately? Does CDNN even carry them anymore? I've seen 'Dunham's' mentioned but that seems to be a sporting goods store, and we don't have any around here...and the local Cabela's wanted $300 for a USED one last time I looked, LOL. Gun shows tend to be a crapshoot.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks

PVG

Edited by pvg_320

Southern Ohio Gun has been advertising them in their flyer for $170. I called them a few months ago and they were on back order. CDNN seems to be hit and miss. I got a Saiga in .223 from them last month. I had to call a few times. Once time they had eight of them in .223. I wasn't ready to buy right then...so I called back a few weeks later. They were all gone. Then after a few more weeks I checked and they had some. Be patient and you should be able to get one from SOG or CDNN...or you could try gunbroker.com....however, you will most likely pay $30 more or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to add this, I was in a local gun shop today and they were asking $350 for a plain 7.62x39 Saiga. $350 - written out on a tag.

I asked the guy if it was a mistake, because it's a < $150 wholesale rifle...he shrugged and grinned.

That's bold - and reinforces the fact that it pays to do your homework before buying anything...