So you got the bullet guide for Orlite, what about the Saiga Hi-Caps?

You can either remove the guide or remove 0.060" from the front center section of the mag.

Also, I could make a guide to clear it, but it will probably not feed the orlites.

I'd hate to see one of those cut up given how rare they are. :up:

If you want, send me one of the mags and I could see if I can come up with something.

It would be in good hands...

If you want, send me one of the mags and I could see if I can come up with something.

jStat -

There are people you can count on in life - and dinzag is one of them.

Just my opinion (but I think it's a REALLY common opinion here ;>)...

You can either remove the guide or remove 0.060" from the front center section of the mag.

Also, I could make a guide to clear it, but it will probably not feed the orlites.

Interesting. Yeah, I'd consider it. How much you think it'd cost for shipping?

If you send me the mag, I will try to make a guide so you don't have to cut the front portion. It will work with those mags and maybe some others. I might even improve my design in the process.

I may steal a few photos BTW...

If it works out, I will give you a guide for free as well as one to feed orlites/everything else. Send me $10 to cover return ship, drill bits, tap, screw & allen wrench you will need for the guide install.

If you are in, send me an email to dinzzag@yahoo.com. I'll get you my info.

edited to add: Ship should be $4.05 priority, less for first class.

It will be a couple weeks due to current backlog...

Here's a pic. To clear my current guide you need to remove the center portion so it looks similiar to this AK-74 mag. The recessed area in the center needs to be 0.060" deeper than the feedlips (blue arrow). The exact same applies to the factory 10 rounders.

post-2093-1171066707_thumb.jpg

Diagram in my 223 mag options page...

post-2093-1171066923_thumb.jpg

Edited by dinzag

If you send me the mag, I will try to make a guide so you don't have to cut the front portion. It will work with those mags and maybe some others. I might even improve my design in the process.

I may steal a few photos BTW...

If it works out, I will give you a guide for free as well as one to feed orlites/everything else. Send me $10 to cover return ship, drill bits, tap, screw & allen wrench you will need for the guide install.

If you are in, send me an email to dinzzag@yahoo.com. I'll get you my info.

edited to add: Ship should be $4.05 priority, less for first class.

It will be a couple weeks due to current backlog...

If you could make a guide that makes both the Saiga and Galil mags work in my rifle, then you sir, have a deal.

I can try, but no promises. The Orlites are the only reason those guides are

.200" longer and have the ramp. The guide right now will feed the 4 major

mags (.223 waffle, .223 steel weiger, orlite & AK-74). Factory ones need to

be relieved to clear the guide.

The feedramped factory mags and the orlites are two opposite ends of the

spectrum as far as feed heights are concerned.

Send it along and we'll see. If I can't get it going, you will have 2 guides to

swap out or you can mod the factory mag.

Aren't the Saiga mags some kind of looney design meant to pacify the anti-gun forces in order to insure that Saigas can be imported?

Aren't the Orlite mags a proven assault rifle design used by one of the best militaries in the entire world?

If it were me, I would sell, give away or throw away the Saiga mags and switch completely to Orlites. And never look back.

Buy 12-15 Orlites while you can. For each rifle.

Edited by Oswald2001

Hey Oswald...

You are correct on the Saiga mags. Thing is, people pay big bucks for the few factory 30 rounders that were ever imported. It would be a shame to cut one up. By definition, they were imported, but never should have been. Once the new importer came on-line, they were told no factory 30's not even ones pinned to 10 round capacity.

And you are correct on the orlites, they are a fine magazine , especially given the current prices. Wanna give up a few?

"You are correct on the Saiga mags. Thing is, people pay big bucks for the few factory 30 rounders that were ever imported. It would be a shame to cut one up. By definition, they were imported, but never should have been. Once the new importer came on-line, they were told no factory 30's not even ones pinned to 10 round capacity."

OK then, don't cut them up. If they are rare or valuable, sell them to a collector. Next, take the money, convert your Saiga and buy several dozen Orlites.

Have pity on your poor Saiga. Restore it back to a 'real' AK. Put in one of Dinazg's bullet guides and use real assault rifle mags.

Orlites hold 35 rounds and are only $15 each. Buy what you can, while you can.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/22335orimisy.html

Opportunity is knocking. "Git whilst the gittin's good."

Things will likely change in the future. Your chance is NOW.

You do know who took over control of Congress (that's the place where they legislate Assault Weapons Bans) during the recent elections, don't you?

Hurry! Run! Convert and stockpile now! Think later!

Also, .223 Galils are starting to hit the market in a big way. You can use Orlites with your Saiga and a .223 Galil if you buy one of those later. Mag commonality is a good thing.

YMMV

Other than that...I really have no opinion. LOL!

Edited by Oswald2001
"You are correct on the Saiga mags. Thing is, people pay big bucks for the few factory 30 rounders that were ever imported. It would be a shame to cut one up. By definition, they were imported, but never should have been. Once the new importer came on-line, they were told no factory 30's not even ones pinned to 10 round capacity."

OK then, don't cut them up. If they are rare or valuable, sell them to a collector. Next, take the money, convert your Saiga and buy several dozen Orlites.

Have pity on your poor Saiga. Restore it back to a 'real' AK. Put in one of Dinazg's bullet guides and use real assault rifle mags.

Orlites hold 35 rounds and are only $15 each. Buy what you can, while you can.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/22335orimisy.html

Opportunity is knocking. "Git whilst the gittin's good."

Things will likely change in the future. Your chance is NOW.

You do know who took over control of Congress (that's the place where they legislate Assault Weapons Bans) during the recent elections, don't you?

Hurry! Run! Convert and stockpile now! Think later!

Also, .223 Galils are starting to hit the market in a big way. You can use Orlites with your Saiga and a .223 Galil if you buy one of those later. Mag commonality is a good thing.

YMMV

Other than that...I really have no opinion. LOL!

Well, yeah. I plan on stockpiling.

Dinzag - First, sorry about not getting the mag to you yet. It's been busy training for a new job / college and family.

I don't know if they are truly factory or not. The mags do not have discernable markings that would clue me in on anything regarding source of manufacture.

I don't know if they are truly factory or not. The mags do not have discernable markings that would clue me in on anything regarding source of manufacture.

Got a pic? If they are like the one in your pic of the rifle with the SKS & handgun, then they probably aren't factory. Also they would have a triangle/arrow marking it to identify the origin.

The steel ones are usually German Weigers or other Easten European mags welded up in the front to simulate the factory mags feeding geometry. Made by Surefire and others.

I was thinking of the 30 round 7.62x39 synthetic ones that were imported for a short time by EAA. I don't believe I've seen the 30 round factory 223's imported over here.

If that is the case, I don't need the mag sent. I will still look into modifying the existing design to allow the use of unmodified factory mags in them. Don't know if the orlites will have a problem, but we'll see.

Got a pic? If they are like the one in your pic of the rifle with the SKS & handgun, then they probably aren't factory. Also they would have a triangle/arrow marking it to identify the origin.

The steel ones are usually German Weigers or other Easten European mags welded up in the front to simulate the factory mags feeding geometry. Made by Surefire and others.

I was thinking of the 30 round 7.62x39 synthetic ones that were imported for a short time by EAA. I don't believe I've seen the 30 round factory 223's imported over here.

If that is the case, I don't need the mag sent. I will still look into modifying the existing design to allow the use of unmodified factory mags in them. Don't know if the orlites will have a problem, but we'll see.

Dinzag, the magazine IS steel and it is also the one that is in the pic with the SKS and Glock.

So, you think it's a Surefire, then?

Edited by jStat