SAIGUNOV PICS

Looks great man! Those factory skeleton stocks are starting to grow on me, dammit! I know what that means.... :angel:

They do look alot like the TIGRs with the longer profile. I'm still not sold on having the mag catch that far out in front of the trigger guard though. Also the factory triggers suck compared to a G-2 or other US made FCG. It is possible to swap the FCG out in the factory rifles and shotties but you would have to replace the gas piston and one other part to do it legally. (assuming you are in the US)

Can you request those skeleton stocks instead of the normal "spoprterized" ones? If so are they more?

you can get those installed from the factory, if i remember correctly the difference in price was about $60 usd, as opposed to the $75 usd it costs to buy it seperate.

i see no problem with the trigger, it feels very comfortable, and the cheek rest + scope combonation works very effectively.

does anyone here know where to buy a BLACK x42 sun shade for the end of my scope?

thanks

T

you can get those installed from the factory, if i remember correctly the difference in price was about $60 usd, as opposed to the $75 usd it costs to buy it seperate.

i see no problem with the trigger, it feels very comfortable, and the cheek rest + scope combonation works very effectively.

does anyone here know where to buy a BLACK x42 sun shade for the end of my scope?

thanks

T

i only see one problem with these S308s. they're not mine! nice job on the sniper.

i'm glad you posted about the dragunov stock. i've been thinking about one for my unconverted S12. here's the link to Kalinka's accessories. they might have what you need for your scope: Kalinka

Edited by ColdWar

Ok dammit, I have succumbed. I got my 308 today. My intention was to Drag it but after handling my bud's Romak I don't like the converted LOP, too short for my monkey arms. The solution is to leave it unconverted and running one of ya'll's stocks. So I am asking, can I be in yer evil black gun club too?

Seriously, could you please tell me about yer bipod set up Idol? That is exactly what I want.

Ok dammit, I have succumbed. I got my 308 today. My intention was to Drag it but after handling my bud's Romak I don't like the converted LOP, too short for my monkey arms. The solution is to leave it unconverted and running one of ya'll's stocks. So I am asking, can I be in yer evil black gun club too?

Seriously, could you please tell me about yer bipod set up Idol? That is exactly what I want.

Welcome Crow, Keep in mind this setup is a whole 1.5" shorter then the original sporter stock, in regard to bipod either standard "Harris" 9-13" or its Chinese counter part "Shooters Ridge" 9-13 either $50-60 or $20-40 respectively on Ebay :killer:

remove the screw that holds the front sling swivel on your saiga,remove the swivel and all associated parts,a new quick disconnect swivel stud will screw into the old nut that stays in the handguard,you may need a few nylon washers available at ace hardware to get it right.

I'm still not sold on having the mag catch that far out in front of the trigger guard though. Also the factory triggers suck compared to a G-2 or other US made FCG. It is possible to swap the FCG out in the factory rifles and shotties but you would have to replace the gas piston and one other part to do it legally. (assuming you are in the US)

But to swap out the FCG, you have to move the whole thing forward to fit, then the Russian Skeleton Stock won't work anymore, right? The G2 and RSA triggers are made to fit right next to the mag catch, so if you want a better trigger, you can't have that stock, you would have to go with a choate or the like.

• 1 month later...
Ok, I'm new to AK's in general, but when I got my first one I INSTANTLY got the fever. I am now in the market for exactly what you have, Saiga .308 with 20" Barrel and Skeleton Stock. I hate to jack your thread, but where is the best place to pick one up?

Welcome to the Forum, and to the Saiga Addiction!!!

There's pme for sale on gunbroker right now for like $700 from killimall, with scope and skeletonized stock...but your best bet is to just buy a 21" .308 with synthetic furniture ~$350 and order a skeleton "dragunov" stock from Gilbert's guns ~$80 and a scope of your choice..

OR.....

Buy the 21" .308, and spend another $300-$350 to have it converted to allow a Choate or ATI Dragunov style stock. And if you don't like the synthetic, check into BattlerifleG3's custom wood furniture. As for me, I'm still undecided as I love the lines of the converted Saigas--they remind me of Romak 3s....and I like the lines of the unconverted Saigas with the factory skeletonized stocks--they remind me of the Dragunov Tigr.

Good luck, whatever you choose!

Edited by vonagias