New furniture ala BattlerifleG3

Man am I pleased!! I know most folks keep it blonde but it positively glowed in the dark so I stained it all a deep red mahogany. I did like the blonde but I can't have a glowing weapon at night. Battlerifle did an awesome job, as usual, in building e what my imagination envisioned. Hope ya'll dig.

post-3-1171979637_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171979645_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171979653_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171979659_thumb.jpg

post-3-1171979669_thumb.jpg

Many thanks Battlerifle. I'll be getting with ya again for my 308.

I never really asked anyone... but does a "sporter" type stock like that (since it connects all around) still keep it legal not force a full converstion because of a pistol grip? Or do you have to do the rest to get under 10 foreign parts?

In this case it appears converted (trigger group moved forward)... I'm talking about the 922r stuff for similar stocks on "base" models ;)

Edited by whatmanual

That's a tough call. The criteria for not being a p-grip is that the thumb be entirely above the trigger. Thumbholes may be p-grips but "sporting" p-grips like thumbholes are ok. For example, a MAK-90 with a thumbhole stock had its one restricted feature with the p-grip, but was allowed to be imported as "sporting" until banned for having a military mag.

By that criteria, the Drag stocks installed on unconverted Saigas would have to be classified as sporting. If that's the case, though, why can't a Drag stock like a Choate be used on a Saiga with the FCG in the regular position?

In this case it's a moot point. Using a US FCG and US stock for the conversion, your compliance parts are taken care of.

Regarding style preferences, this customer asked for a copy of a handguard I made before, which is what I did. I can taylor styles according to preferences. Sometimes it costs more, sometimes it doesn't. It never costs to ask.