50mm Objective Aperture Scope Mounting

I know scopes and mounts and rings have all been discussed before, but after reading search results for the last 3 days I got nothing pertaining to a scope with a 50mm objective aperture. Can anyone recommend a side mount and height or rings to mount this thing on my Saiga? I'd like to be able to take it on and off so a "No" goes to the side mounts using the hex screws. I've got pictures of 2 guns I found on here, that looked like they may have been 50mm but I'm not sure. If any body has any experience with this it would be a great help. Also the scope is 30mm tube, don't know if that would matter but there you have it. I don't have the scope yet, but I can get you dimensions for it. Thanks again.

Get a standard low rise scope mount, with a weaver rail top. Get some inexpensive 30MM rings that will be on the medium to high side of height, and stick it all together.

Its not really rocket science. Just like ANY rifle out there you want to scope... you gotta match the peices to get the required effect.

Go to EASTWAVE

http://www.eastwave.ca/products/scopes/mountsksak.html

there's your mount...

They have rings too... although about double what they SHOULD cost...

http://www.eastwave.ca/products/scopes/kol3.html

or go to ANY *DECENT* sporting goods store and buy your rings... OR... use gunbroker or ebay.

Personally, I like the ACCUSHOT rings... inexpensive, and decent quality. I use them on my .50 BMG no problem!

Check these Ebay item numbers... Item number: 270092688448 Item number: 270081576919

The first item number shows mediums, the second shows highs... But I wouldnt buy from THAT seller, that was for VISUAL REFERENCE ONLY... there are others that will ship from the USA, not from overseas... Dont forget to check gunbroker, or even a GOOGLE search for "ACCUSHOT 30MM" will get you good results!!

Attach scope to rings to mount to rifle... adjust to fit and function... tighten screws... Shoot. :up:

I think you would be very pleased with that setup. :up:

:smoke:

+1 on the Eastwave or Belerus low mount. I have a 50mm scope on my .308 conversion, you can see it in the stickied pic thread we just started there.

At first I had trouble with a few sets of rings I had laying around, not tall enough to get the bell over the rear sight to be able to remove it with the mount. I found some high profile rings for cheap at the gun show and they work great. It's just right now. As low as it can possibly be and not hit the RSB.