Not a Saiga , but still pretty cool

Made this as a "heavy duty" version of our ZK Saiga line . Made from all virgin parts as a new rifle . Now that it's fired and tested I'll be sending it to have the serial # engraved on the componants . Rifle handles very well with a nice balance .

post-4717-1172764885.jpg

post-4717-1172764899_thumb.jpg

post-4717-1172764911_thumb.jpg

post-4717-1172764923_thumb.jpg

post-4717-1172764940_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome, Will!

Could you post some details? (Caliber, price, availability, SBR permit?)

I like it a lot!

Guido2 in Houston

oh yeah , the gritty little details :) . Ok then ,

cal. shown ; 7.62x39

bbl ;8.5

folded; 18

open ; 29

piccatinny ; 10 in.

Shown as SBR [ready for transfer], other options availible on request

price is $1349.00

Weapon built using RPK trunnion on 1.6 mm DCI rec. . All parts , new, unissed Bulgarian .

Forearm is MP5 from Blackthorn , adapted to be a "drop-in" for this build . Stock is a Tromix on a Ace hinge and internal block .

Been looking at a "micro" version of my ZK line for a while , built this as a Heavy duty version of that concept . The extra weight of the RPK trunnion and rec. add's a nice heft and really helps center out the balance of the rifle . Basicly , MP5 size only with a round that will knock your target on it's ass LOL. Shooting it is a wet dream :)

Will36 is coming down this weekend , I'll let him run some rounds through it for ya'll :)

hell yeah! The car is loaded and full of gas. soon as the yellow school bus drives off in the morning . Im louisiana bound.

That's just plain sick! Why would any reasonable person ever want a barrel 8 inches long??? That's good for nothing but killing children in a schoolyard! That barrel should be at least 12 inches long, like my pistol build, because my opinon and tastes are all that matter. I hope that the thought police ban that from each person's mind!

Ok, now for my real thoughts - I think it's a great innovation, especially the rail integrated to the gas block and front site. But I don't see the point of that much rail or an angled handguard rail on something with that short a barrel. That scout rail setup would be wonderful on a traditional carbine config.

Is that an MP5 handguard?

What kind of accuracy / distance do you get out of a 7.62x39 with the short barrel?

Sight radius on this rifle is 13 inchs , on a Krink , its 9.5 and on a full size AK it's about 14 , so I'm giving up an inch on radius but gaining massively on quality of iron sights . For me , with the iron sights , I'm good for 2 in @ 50 yrds . I think of it primarily as a subgun with extra ass . I wouldn't be a bit shy shooting at deer @ a 100 with the iron , past that I'd really want a Eotech or Acog on there . As far as the 7.62x39 goes , I've always thought of it as a 100yrd round [hunting,whatnot] with the shorter barrel , I think of it as a 100 yrd round [hunting,whatnot]

I can keep it "minute of crackhead" out to 250 without issues

That's just plain sick! Why would any reasonable person ever want a barrel 8 inches long??? That's good for nothing but killing children in a schoolyard! That barrel should be at least 12 inches long, like my pistol build, because my opinon and tastes are all that matter. I hope that the thought police ban that from each person's mind!

Ok, now for my real thoughts - I think it's a great innovation, especially the rail integrated to the gas block and front site. But I don't see the point of that much rail or an angled handguard rail on something with that short a barrel. That scout rail setup would be wonderful on a traditional carbine config.

Is that an MP5 handguard?

"Shop RedJacket when planning your next massacre" :) The rail is purpose built at that length for versatility to the consumer . To give the shooter the option of using it with a scope [mounted toward the rear] or a Eotech/Aimpoint [which most prefer to mount as far forward as possible for rapid target aquisition] The rail is welded in place ,on level to the bore , on the RSB and to the FSB with a clearance cut on the bottom to allow changing of the front sight post . You called it on the hanguard , it is a MP5 from Blackthorn and it came with the rail on it . Which actually worked out , as it gave me a place to hide the bolts I used to secure the mounting tab that sets into the reciever . Beyond that , I can't think of any need for the rail either .

I was thinking about that upper rail looking at your AK 100 you've been posting ;)

Damn Will!

I think I just figured out how I want my next S-308 project needs to look!But with a 16" barrel.

I need to get my LLC!

It's all good Maybe with a slim taper fake can like on my MicroGalil's ? See where your imagaination takes you . I love doing "one-of" builds

Damn Will!

I think I just figured out how I want my next S-308 project needs to look!But with a 16" barrel.

I need to get my LLC!

It's all good Maybe with a slim taper fake can like on my MicroGalil's ? See where your imagaination takes you . I love doing "one-of" builds

Oh yeah!That would be awesome in a .308!

Beauty. How is the top cover set up? The scope mount looks low.

std AK set up on the top cover , well ,+ rear sight . The rail is as low as I can get it to go :) , there's about 1/8 in clearance when removing/installing the dustcover. Easy on/off

Damn Will!

I need to get my LLC!

yeah , I'm looking at my .308 I did the mag conversion to and thinking the same thing :)

Damn Will!

I need to get my LLC!

yeah , I'm looking at my .308 I did the mag conversion to and thinking the same thing :)

Mag conversion?What kind of mags?

M14 mag in a Saiga . I weld in a plate on the bottem of the trunnion and cut the front tab out of it .Works well , but my insurance co. decided they wouldn't carry me on it . Serial numbers on the trunnion and thats the part that get's "altered from original design" .Said if some goober 10 owners down the line filled the barrel with mud and blew their face , it would give them somthing to point and sue at . So , not offering it anymore . Good thing for FBMG .

Hello

Well, on a somewhat lesser scale, but awesome Red Jacket work, nonetheless...

I finally got my AK47 pistol dolled-up with the requisite "valley bitch" accessories, so I snapped a couple of pic's last night.

Of course, I would never fire the weapon or display it publicly with a quasi-legal pseudo-grip apparatus installed, it's purely for test purposes...

post-3965-1172858012_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1172858024_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1172858038_thumb.jpg

With the Eotech 551 I, too, am hoping for sub "MOC"@100yds....(Good one, Will!!!)

Ok, thanks for yawning at my pic's.....

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

That wasn't yawning, it was my jaw dropping. Sweet rifle Guido.

Ummm....It's a pistol. Honest, Officer! I would have never carried it concealed if it were not a pistol..........<LOL>

Will & Red Jacket get the credit for that one....

Thanks, Genocide!

Guido

Hello

Well, on a somewhat lesser scale, but awesome Red Jacket work, nonetheless...

I finally got my AK47 pistol dolled-up with the requisite "valley bitch" accessories, so I snapped a couple of pic's last night.

Of course, I would never fire the weapon or display it publicly with a quasi-legal pseudo-grip apparatus installed, it's purely for test purposes...

post-3965-1172858012_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1172858024_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1172858038_thumb.jpg

With the Eotech 551 I, too, am hoping for sub "MOC"@100yds....(Good one, Will!!!) Well by God I don't think muzzel jump will ever be an issue :) Light'em up !

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Will wrote:

"Well by God I don't think muzzel jump will ever be an issue :) Light'em up ! "

Yeah, I don't see all that shit hanging off of it for long.....But, at least I can fit it on there! I'm thinkin' the eotech and possibly the FH will stay....

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Will wrote:

"Well by God I don't think muzzel jump will ever be an issue :) Light'em up ! "

Yeah, I don't see all that shit hanging off of it for long.....But, at least I can fit it on there! I'm thinkin' the eotech and possibly the FH will stay....

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

Yeah, my husband always says "the coolest people have the coolest guns" :smoke: