anybody have any 7.62X39 brass laying around

I'm looking for some 7.62X39 brass like wolf of something that you would just be junking anyway.. berban primed is ok

Any help would be great thanks you guys

all the stuff I use is steel case (wolf, golden tiger)

nobody sells any x39 brass rounds cheaply.

I'm looking for some 7.62X39 brass like wolf of something that you would just be junking anyway.. berban primed is ok

Any help would be great thanks you guys

all the stuff I use is steel case (wolf, golden tiger)

nobody sells any x39 brass rounds cheaply.

yea steel is what im looking for i have looked at the price for brass :cryss: , you gus would make my day if some of you came up with a bunch of this stuff

I know you guys have to have a bunch of it laying around somewhere :killer:

The steel stuff is probably all berdan primed and difficult to reload. Hard to deprime and find the correct size primers. I havent seen any fired 7.62x39 brass for sale. You will probably have to buy new brass. The 308 and 223 are a lot easier to get brass and bullets for.

Quite a few of the shooting supply dealers sell new 7.62X39 brass and bullets for the reloader. Have not seen any once fired cases in this caliber. The range I use has someone who fires a great deal of new Winchester 7.62X39 (pretty pricey stuff) and leaves the cases. Might check out the range when you shoot. Could be an abundance of them.

Yea i would go to a range and look.. but the ranges around here don't really get much business and now there is a foot of snow on the ground.

Maybe someday i will find a bunch who knows

next time i go out I'll see if i can "catch" some casings for ya, where you at?

I toss my steel cases.

I have a bunch of brass x39. let me see how much of it I actually DO have.

edit: ok, well I have about 130 once fired brass cases, some better quality milsurp, some olympic. I have another brass box in the shop which I can go check for some more, I know there is some in there as well. I usually pick up all my brass. the price for brass x39 is basically a dollar more for ME (where I go for ammo), than the steel cased stuff. they would all be once fired, and will have the little dent in the necks. not sure what they are worth, actually. I see dillon precision wants some outrageous price for 100 unprimed unfired x39. Ill see what I can dig up for ya.

LOL fat little rich kid i knew him but his brass was .223

Scoutjoe - thanks a bunch.. im in upstate ny in the middle of no where as well like 20 min from Corning. I use to live in Millerton pa if you know where that is?

Bvamp_ cool man i appreciate the help yea this stuff is outrageous

aka108- Yea that is too much i just want steel pickups something i can pay a few bucks for a box of.. Mabey mixed with some grass clippings

Edited by studmuff1228
LOL fat little rich kid i knew him but his brass was .223

Scoutjoe - thanks a bunch.. im in upstate ny in the middle of no where as well like 20 min from Corning. I use to live in Millerton pa if you know where that is?

Bvamp_ cool man i appreciate the help yea this stuff is outrageous

aka108- Yea that is too much i just want steel pickups something i can pay a few bucks for a box of.. Mabey mixed with some grass clippings

Nope I've only ever gotten up that way once when i picked up a friend and Mainsfield...but like i said once I go out to the range next time i'll catch some for ya and ship it up to ya

i have half boxer primed and I assume half berdan primed. you can have it all. i cant mail metal for free, im sure you understand. let me go in the shop and see what else I have for you.

If you want Wolf steel cases go to any rifle range with a magnet and you'll have a lot of course you will need to weed out the rusty stuff, but there are tons of if at about every range I shoot at. Best thing to do is to drop the magnet into the brass barrel and swish it around you'll pull a lot of Wolf people have swept up that day, let the range people know what your doing I'm sure they do not want the Steel cased stuff anyway

I havent forgotten, I just havent been to the shop yet. tomorrow (thursday) I will go over there, and see what I have in the brass box there. I know I have SOME, but I dont know how many are boxer primed or what is there. I have some in the truck on the floor, too, I think, under all the crap and in the seat.

I use a wheeled shop dolley with several very large magnets on it to wheel around the lawn when I shoot steel cased ammo and shotshells. it works like a charm.

• 2 months later...

I saw several auctions on ebay that start like a dollar.

About the little dent in the neck. IIRC I read that is intentional designed to do that for the saiga. The russians want an easy way to see if a shell was fired from a civilian or military AK. Any truth?

Can you mod the gun not to gnarl up brass?

You really exhumed this one! Yes the case mouth step is a Russian gun control measure, its somewhere in the booklet included with new saigas I believe. second awnser is yes and no. I see no way to get the rifle to not put a step in the case mouth, but it doesn't cause reloading problems. An ejection port buffer will keep the brass from being dented in the middle: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=16781 I also belive that those dents dont preclude reloading. Some of the .223's also put a ring shaped dent arround the primer pocket, I've heard of one guy who ground that down (the protrusion of the bolt face that causes that dent) flush... I dunno I don't reload yet so its not been an issue for me, nor has it been proven that doing that is not problematic.

Edited by JK-47

Most AK ammo is steel cased and Berdan primed while some rounds have Boxer primers. I'm not sure if the Russian Boxer primed cases have the same size primer pocket as the American made primers or not. I do have a few brass Remington and Olympic cases but not enough to justify shipping or reloading. The way prices are rising reloading might become an option again to make shooting affordable as it was 27 years ago. Good luck rounding up your brass.