.308 Bulk Ammo is available!

I just did an inventory. I have 24 battle packs of SA .308--3360 rounds--to feed my six .308 rifles. I will be conservative in firing this ammo so that it will be a long time before I buy any more. I also have a decent supply of Wolf .223 and 7.62 by 39. Ammo has a long shelf life, so when a bargain comes along, stock up.

Monomonk

These are horrible prices. I have been paying about $180 for seven packs. The quoted price is double that. Is this the best price available these days?

Monomonk

I did the research, and if you buy the battle packs at that price, its about $7.50 a box of 20, without shipping. Sportsman's Guide has new production Wolf for around $6.30 a box of 20, after shipping. Me personally, I've been buying Federal PowerShok at $9 a box of 20 at my local G.I. Joe's. Different strokes for different folks, but I'd rather pay an extra ten bucks for the same amount of rounds that are new production and just put 'em in a sealed ammo can. If they were chargin' 35 or 40 bucks for a battle pack, that would be more like it. It seems like these are pretty popular though, so maybe I'm out of my element. Why are these thing so damn desirable?

I did the research, and if you buy the battle packs at that price, its about $7.50 a box of 20, without shipping. Sportsman's Guide has new production Wolf for around $6.30 a box of 20, after shipping. Me personally, I've been buying Federal PowerShok at $9 a box of 20 at my local G.I. Joe's. Different strokes for different folks, but I'd rather pay an extra ten bucks for the same amount of rounds that are new production and just put 'em in a sealed ammo can. If they were chargin' 35 or 40 bucks for a battle pack, that would be more like it. It seems like these are pretty popular though, so maybe I'm out of my element. Why are these thing so damn desirable?

I've had the same thought. At $25, the battlepacks were a great deal. $50 is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kicking myself! A couple of weeks ago when I bought my Saiga .308, my local gunshop had 5 of the S. African battlepacks for $35 each out the door. This is my first .308 and I didn't really know what the prices should be. Anyway, I bought 2 at that price and once I got home and saw the prices on the internet, I went back down to the shop and the rest was gone!!! Really sucks!

Portland Gun Show today had them for $60/each and they were flying out the door. The seller said they had been "sitting" on a pallet until the price was right. And that he was absolutely 100% postive that there would be no more "available" on the wholesale market.

Admittedly I bought 2 and I don't even have a .308 yet. Tried to buy one of those today and only saw one, a 21" barrel, for $399 - no sale.

-Scott