AGP MAG PROBLEMS

I finally (not that the company took long to deliver but the backorder) received my AGP mags, I loaded up the mags and inserted it, but when I went to chamber a round it was very difficult like the bolt carrier was catching on the top round, so I tried it with only 9 rounds and it did the same thing. Upon actually getting the carrier past the magazine and letting go, the first round seems to hit the top of the breech area and jams. When I compare it side by side with a factory 5 rounder the follower seems to angle higher on the factory mag than the AGP. Anybody have a fix for this?

I do have the black feed lips. I left them fully loaded today and tried it again this evening and it seemed to chamber better, maybe I just needed to weaken the spring a little. Maybe they just need to be broken in a little bit :killer:

I found that dremmeling down the approx. centimeter wide stablizing blocks on either side of the top round helped the rounds to snap up more quickly and completely. There is one of these blocks that sticks out about three mm from the top of the mag body wall and support the top shell on both sides of the shell. Seems like they just made these a hair to prominent and thus grabs many shells too tightly, not letting them pop up completely or slowing the rate at which the mag follower and spring and push up. Worked like a charm for exact problem described.

I had a similar problem with mine, I disassembled them and filed all burrs and high spots on the inside of the mags. Also I rounded the bottom corners and flat portion of the rear base of the followers and that seemed to do the trick because on all my mags I can now load 10rnds with the bolt closed and cycle 1st round and everyone after is smooth as hell. I used wifes flexible cuticle file, 220 then 320 sand paper it made a world of difference.

So all you guys are sanding in the follower and the inside of the magazine, not the s-12 itself, right? I have to load on an open bolt and would love to be able to change that with just some simple sanding.