How about an M16-Galil-Saiga 223?

Robert Hesse paid me to rework his 50AE AR-15 uppers to run. That 50AE business actually got Tromix started in 1999.

He didn't know how to get them to run, so he paid me to do it for him.....there's nothing wrong with that.

I never had to worry about being paid. His money was good.

Tony

From my understanding, most Galil surplus ones (I'm guessing the ORF one is modelled on one of these) are click in mods, and are as easily reversed as changing an orlite out. I'm probably going to get one of the ORF ones for my Galil once I get out of lay a way.

That's where I'm confused too. Half the posts say its removable, the other half say its a permanent mod. Being a 223 noob (lots of 762, 12 gauge, 545) is the Galil a milled receiver? If so there's the difference.

Oh and what about this blast from the past?:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=493

I emailed Will and his reply was that it was welded in, I considered it for my own S.223, or buying a converted rifle with it already installed.

Welding/modifying may be due to the fact that Galil receivers are milled, while our receivers are stamped.

Will's website

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/

Edited by MD_Willington

The reciever being milled/stamped shouldn't affect things much since it basically is the same mag pattern.

Which would the the reason why my 7.62x39 mag which can work with either a stamped or milled reciever locks into my .223 Saiga perfectly.

I'll find out for sure with my next paycheck when I have $80 bucks to spare, plus some for an AR mag.

The reciever being milled/stamped shouldn't affect things much since it basically is the same mag pattern.

Which would the the reason why my 7.62x39 mag which can work with either a stamped or milled reciever locks into my .223 Saiga perfectly.

I'll find out for sure with my next paycheck when I have $80 bucks to spare, plus some for an AR mag.

ORF is sending me one of each now, should be here this week. I'll post lots of pics to see how drastic it is.