Breaking the 1st Amendment to protect the 2nd?

What in the world is this world coming to? People have been silenced from this forum! People have been banned from communicating accross this forum for their beleifs! We cannot let this happen. Just like we cannot let the anti gun community take away our firearms.

What in the world is this world coming to? People have been silenced from this forum! People have been banned from communicating accross this forum for their beleifs! We cannot let this happen. Just like we cannot let the anti gun community take away our firearms.

The First Amendment has nothing to do with a private enterprise. It states the the government shall not infringe.

If a private enterprise wants to enforce their own rules in their own private area, they most certainly may and are free to do so.

I am the moderator/administrator of another Internet Forum; and I do not feel it is necessary for me to explain or defend my actions on that forum - especially, but not limited to, when it comes to banning individuals from that forum. If people object, they are free to go elsewhere.

Edited by DUTCH VanATL

You are absolutly correct, you can ban anyone you want. It is not right however to ban someone on their beleifs. Maybe someone threatening people or being vulgar should be banned. Not on their beleifs. I will be going as soon as i find out where everyone else has gone.

He wasn't just banned because he was defending the drum, but because he pulled something shifty that I(and most everyone else) do not know the whole story on. Just wait for the mods to sort this shit out before casting ANY judgment on them or Cobra.

Free speech is a right under the constitution. Part of it is that you can be free to make your rules in a private forum on what speech is and isn't tolerated.

Free speech on an internet forum is a matter of being competitive. Certain kinds of talk are and aren't befitting of a gun forum. A good forum is one that has the right rules and the right people to enforce them. If one forum won't, another forum will.

Gun forums that I have positive experiences with:

www.gunandgame.com (I'm a mod)

www.akfiles.com

www.gunco.net

www.ar15.com

www.akforum.net

www.graybeardoutdoors.com (emphasis on sporting and handguns, but an excellent forum)

www.shotgunworld.com

There is nothing stopping anyone from participating in many forums. If anything, their competition and examples are good to learn from.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
Lol, now i am being made fun of for my spelling. This is great! Will someone please help me out on finding another forum for the saiga. Preferably one that the people who were booted from this one are using.

Ug, if you're really going o leave you might as well check out http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/index.php

It is the new forum made from the same people who operated Cetmerifles.com

Edited by Genocide
Your discussion might go over better if you learned how to spell.

1. beleifs= beliefs

hipocracy= hipocrisy

You can use an online dictionary for free!

Funny how you misspelled Hypocrisy. =) No need to be a damn grammar Nazi....

You say bannana i say bonnana, you say potato i say pototo, you hypocrisy i say hypocracy. Its just sad what this world is turning into. People are afraid to let something happen and then they engage in the same activity as the people they despise. People are even getting threatened, the people threatening should go take it out on the politicians not the enthusiasts.

I've read all the numerous threads and regardless of everyones "rights", there seems to be one gleaming conception that has been overlooked dealing with Mike and the supposed "drum". This site is first and foremost a GUN forum that is predominately based on Saigas. Anyone who screws with others GUN rights by introducing items that may affect the GUN community as a whole and states that he's doesn't "give a rats ass", doesn't belong here or in an other forum where his piss poor actions may affect all of us as a GUN community and GUN forum. As far as Mike goes, GOOD RIDDANCE!

PS: as far as Cobra is concerned it is unfair of me to talk about him. I have had no personal or business dealings with him on this site and all I have seen is that he seems to be very helpful to others.

Think of it this way:

Free speech on a gun forum, within established forum rules printed for everyone to see, is like free water at a restaurant. They don't owe it to you, but if they don't offer it under some terms they'll probably have fewer customers in general.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
You say bannana i say bonnana, you say potato i say pototo, you hypocrisy i say hypocracy. Its just sad what this world is turning into. People are afraid to let something happen and then they engage in the same activity as the people they despise. People are even getting threatened, the people threatening should go take it out on the politicians not the enthusiasts.

actually you say potato... i say tater