Received a polychoke from polychoke

Got a polychoke for my saiga12 from the kind people over at polychoke.

Havnt shot with it yet but so far it seems good. Took a micrometer to it and on full choke it was down to .700. I was unable to get it onto extra full and the manual says that it may take a few shots to break the choke in to be able to go to that setting.

It threds on all the way and i am unable to see any remaining thred on the barrel when i have it tightened down. Sticking my pinky into the choke i can barely feel any gap between the barrel and choke, it seems like a good tight fit. On mine the alignment mark is at about 5 o'clock if you look at the muzzle head on. Not having the mark on the top is not that big of a deal. You would definatly NOT want to adjust the choke while the gun is loaded. The choke takes more than just a light touch to turn so getting your hand in the way of the muzzle while turning it is easy to do. After playing with it a bit its easy to remember which way to turn it for which choke and if you know which one you were at its easy to figure out which way to turn to get to the one you want.

So far my only complaints about it are the finish is more of an annonizing than a black paint thats on the shotgun so it is a bit shinier in color and the gold text inlays dont fit for the saiga with a pistol grip.

Neither realy matter since i plan on refinishing the gun soon and it wont be much more work to paint the choke.

I will try to get a few pics of it up and a review of how it did at the range.

Awesome! That is what is being put on my Saiga conversion being done right now. I asked for the vented polychoke. I figure with the OEM Russian sights, it will look sweeeet. I had thought about ordering the 2 Russian chokes for this upcoming competition, but after seeing the thread on here announcing it was out, I called Polychoke and spoke with them about it. You cant beat 9 chokes in 1 for that price. I'm sure we will all be looking forward to pictures from you of this. Thanks.

My buddies Binelli just got ruined with his polychoke... The polychoke is someplace out in the field. It was NEVER recovered.

He was shooting LOW BASE 7 1/2's thru it when it became a projectile. The end of his barrel will probably need to be cut off, and re-trued, and re-threaded.

We have NO idea why it happened. Nothing gave any indication that it was going to fail... It worked fine one moment, and then poof... GONE.. the next.

I dunno if this has happened to anyone else... and I could probably get some pics of his "after" barrel if someone really wanted them...

I am not saying "dont use polychokes" just making yall aware that things happen. even if they are mega strange.

:smoke:

I should be getting mine in this week sometime. Are all the Saiga threaded ones going to have the gold lettering? I thought that was an extra cost option.

My buddies Binelli just got ruined with his polychoke... The polychoke is someplace out in the field. It was NEVER recovered.

Do you know if he had a thread on version (Poly-Choke II) or the permanently attached "standard" Poly-Choke version?

Just got mine this morning, talk about quick shipping! I ordered it Thursday afternoon and got it Monday morning. Mine is non vented and doesn't have the gold lettering, looks right at home on the gun besides the shiny finish that erik mentioned. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out this weekend.

He was shooting LOW BASE 7 1/2's thru it when it became a projectile. The end of his barrel will probably need to be cut off, and re-trued, and re-threaded.

We have NO idea why it happened. Nothing gave any indication that it was going to fail... It worked fine one moment, and then poof... GONE.. the next.

I dunno if this has happened to anyone else... and I could probably get some pics of his "after" barrel if someone really wanted them...

I am not saying "dont use polychokes" just making yall aware that things happen. even if they are mega strange.

So what your telling me is the Benelli just went and barfed non OEM equipment?

probally didn't like that you were using a factory part :lolol:

that whole bit is a joke, I got nothing against the benelli, my S-12 is just better

I think its funny too... the FUNNIER part is that *HE* hates his Binelli also!!! He just doesnt have an S12... Hes ONLY got a Saiga 410... the POOR BOY! and gasp... horrors... UNCONVERTED TOO!!! :cryss::unsure::cryss:

Again I must ask the question, do you guys just want a choke for playing with birdshot, because buckshot and slugs do best from a Cylinder Bore.

Thats mainly why I got mine since the majority of what I shoot is birdshot anyway. This summer I'm going to use my Saiga to kill some clays so the Poly-Choke will serve me well there, plus it just adds a little more versatility to the gun.

Edited by kahrak

Indy, I wonder if your buddy had unknowingly unscrewed the sleeve of his poly choke beyond the two reverse choke settings. The instructions for the poly choke caution against this. Their caution posted below. :unsure:

Caution: NEVER SHOOT your gun with the Poly-Choke sleeve unscrewed beyond the two reverse choke settings or with the sleeve removed,

As you will severely damage or ruin the Poly-Choke.

***UNLOAD GUN WHEN ADJUSTING CHOKE***