Have been thinking about these guns for a few months. Magizine is pretty cool and compact. What I am wondering, is there anyone out there that has one and how they like / dislike like or problems incountered. Just another toy to play with, but don't want to piss away the money if it ain't no good. The Puma 92 in 454 Casull is due in next week, another shoulder buster, but what the hell, spend it now so the kids can't piss it away. In my will, it states that who ever figures out the combination to the gun safe, gets all contents, that'll be one to sell tickets to and make more money than the "toys" are worth. Anyway, the site is www.calicolightweaponsystems.com, feed back would be appreciated.

Termite

Made me remember about my M100 (.22 rifle) that was in the back of my safe. I pulled it out and then remembered why it was in the back of the safe. I bought it about 6 years ago for $100 because the guy hadn't used it for years, the firing pin was homemade because it broke, and the mag was missing parts. He told me that he had the parts and also another mag somewhere at home. He was the uncle of a coworker, after 6 months I gave up trying to get the parts. And still have never shot it.

Anyways, this is a .22 rifle with a folding stock, and I"m all of 6'. The length of pull on the stock just feels to long for me. Also the sights are hard for me to line up properly because of the stock and mag. If this thing was full auto and I had all the parts for it, it would be kick ass. You wouldn't need the stock, just walk your shots in! :killer:

Still I always wanted a 9mm pistol with 50 rounds. :devil:

I've been told of jamming issues with the old ones, but I called Calico and talked with a guy, he "claimed" that that small issue had been addressed. On thier site they show a new and old model of the mag, that they say to have resolved the problems with it. I'm not wanting fullauto, just a toy to play with. It's different, but don't want any junk. I wouldn't purchase their 22LR, after buying my CZ 17HMR, I won't own any more 22LR guns. I believe the model I posted was the 9mm, may be wrong, but what I'm wanting is the 9mm. I just like the wierd guns most of all, but WILL be buying another CZ but in .223.

hell, I just want a 38/357 winchester levergun as an oddity. a 410 would be nice, but they are hard to come by.

the calico is definately a cool and fun little gun. in all calibers. the 22 is 100 shot.

Bvamp, go to www.legacysports.com, clink on the Puma link. I have the lever action in 454 with the ported barrel ordered. It'll shoot 454 and 45LC. Their retail prices are posted, but my dealer made a deal I couldn't refuse, and also just recieved 500 more rounds of 454 300 grain JHPXTP from Wisconsin cartridge last week.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a calico. I think it's one of the older models. The length of pull for the folding stock feels alright. The stock sights are pretty much on target.

I only had two issues with it:

1. Magazine: the magazine works okay if it was very clean. If it's not well oiled/cleaned, the FMJ cartridges can get stuck in the grooves. Have not had a chance to shoot enough hollow-points or flat heads to see if that would fix the issue. Maybe the new magazines would fix that problem. Or maybe I need to stop using wolf ammo ROFL

2. Safety: the safety is somewhat tricky for a semi-automatic weapon. When you cycle the action, IT WILL COME OFF OF SAFE!!!! And the trigger is LIGHT!!! So you need to remember that, if you put the weapon on safe, then cycle the action, IT WILL COME OFF OF SAFE.

hell, I just want a 38/357 winchester levergun as an oddity. a 410 would be nice, but they are hard to come by.

the calico is definately a cool and fun little gun. in all calibers. the 22 is 100 shot.

I don't know if they still make them but Rossi made a 38/357 model 92 clone that was really sweet. I have a Dan Wesson in .357 and have always had a hankering for one of those Rossis to go with it... there's just always been something else that I wanted more. I do understand your attraction to a .357 lever gun though. :up:

I own a Rossi M62 clone that is a blast to shoot. My kids love holding down the trigger and pumping away. Lot's of fun.

Edited by DaGroaner

I had the Calico M-100 back when i was a teenager....had it for about a year then sold it because the damn thing couldn't go 3 rounds without jamming....looked slick as hell, but was so unreliable it wasn't even fun to plink with.....

if they did really fix the jamming issues, might be interesting to try it again.