double hook trigger "unconverted"

No the Tapco trigger both single and double hook won't fit a standard Saiga.A pistol grip conversion is required for the single hook Tapco trigger and for the double hook trigger in addition to the pistol grip conversion either the bottom right of the trigger needs relieving by removing metal or the trigger hole in Saiga receiver needs to be cut for a double hook trigger but the pistol grip conversion is still required due to trigger placement.

A member here, Battle Rifle G3 (BRG3) will convert an FCG to work in an unmodified saiga. I belive the price quoted was 30$ if you supply the parts, 60$ if you want him to supply the parts and service. This price was quoted some time ago, contact him yourself if interested.

• 1 month later...

What do you use for axis pins when re-installing the trigger (or the link)? I am un-converting a S.410, however the original

pins are now too short to be re-peened. Mine have a flat head on one end (both holes in the rcvr are same size). I have some pins, where apparently one hole is smaller than the other side(of the rcvr), I think there was a difference in mfg (RAA vs EAA?) anyway, your advice is appreciated.

You don't install the trigger and linkage when installing my US made FCGs. Some of us have used binding posts for cosmetic hole fillers, but if you're using it to pivot I'd say you'd need to start fresh. Perhaps an undersized screw with a bushing so that the threads don't rub against the trigger or link bar?

You should be able to buy some appropriately sized steel rod stock at a hardware store. Just cut it to the length you deem correct and peen the ends in place, or you could cut grooves in them, like on the main trigger axis pins only on both ends, and snap in some e-clips to hold them in place. This would allow you to easily remove and reinstall them in the future if you so desired. The grooves could be cut by chucking the rod in a drill press an running a hacksaw blade against it.

...or you could cut grooves in them, like on the main trigger axis pins only on both ends, and snap in some e-clips to hold them in place. This would allow you to easily remove and reinstall them in the future if you so desired. The grooves could be cut by chucking the rod in a drill press an running a hacksaw blade against it.

Amen!

;>)