• 2 weeks later...

i have one of those walther air pistols. they have great power for a pistol, and they conserve the c02 - i can get 65-75 shots out of one c02, while in my sawed-off crossman 1077, i only get about 30 shots per c02.

i built a homade can for the walther out of pvc, and electrical tape. it muffles quite a bit of the sound so i can use it in my backyeard without pissing off the neighbors.

i got mine of of http://www.compasseco.com/shop/products.ht...p=Air%20Pistols

i got the yellow cp99 sport.

Edited by chips

well if silencers are legal in your state, i know a bunch of tricks you can do cheaply without machine tools, chips. id do it here, but its not legal. then people complain about the noise. SHEESH. maybe i will move to friggin texas or AZ or NV.

well, seeing as how an airgun isn't classified as an actual firearm, i don't see any problem with a silencer. i don't think there are any laws against it.

i fired the pistol today without the can on it, and it was fuckin' loud! i only fired 3 shots before i went into the garage out of fear of pissing off the neighbors.

yeh, I know how that is. pvc cement, pvc washers with holes in em, pvc big pipe and pvc small pipe to fit over your barrel with holes in the small one between where you glue the baffles or washers with holes in em should work well for you (professionally made silencers are made with a corrugated-like baffle and/or/not staggered holes, some of the most efficient use a length of the exterior part of the barrel as a muffling compartment) Dont try to make it like a barrel extension, just get a 1/2 inch or 3/4" piece of pvc or metal if you got a close fit with a standard pipe size, and epoxy the plastic baffles you make to that. perforate the small pipe on a 45-60 degree angle (from the outside of the small pipe inward) away from you, and perforate the washers you make or get with something like a 1/4" drill. mix up the widths for the baffles if you dont want to make craploads of holes, but then you have to use two or three sized baffles. stick your big pipe and pvc cement it up. should work on a paintball gun too.....

You dont have basements where you are I take it? An unfinished basement works wonders for having that "manly space". .....if you can get away with that kind of thing that is :)

I still dont know if i can use even something like that. if my damn bb gun's muzzle was the same as any of my real gun's muzzles, I would think the cops could still do the "we know its for the bb gun, but we want to F with you anyway, and WE say its for one of your REAL guns and thats THAT" thing. I guess I might be able to go ask if someone will sign something for me stating that I said its for a BB gun, so I dont get arrested out of someone else's liberal stupidness... (and it goes around like the plague, here) ...NY sucks and yet is awesome because of the "law for everything you can think of" deal you get living here...

not difficult to figure out without going into further detail I hope.

Edited by Bvamp
You dont have basements where you are I take it? An unfinished basement works wonders for having that "manly space". .....if you can get away with that kind of thing that is :)

no sir... here in south texas the ground is solid rock underneath 3 inches of topsoil. no basements for us.

that can idea sounds kind of complicated, though. the 8 inch long pvc pipe that i use works great for the pistol. it muffles it pretty well.

i wish i could do something for my semi-auto air rifle, but a lot of sound comes out of the mag well, so i don't think a can will help it at all.

chips: the thing about the whole building of that contraption is that is how you make a silencer for real. it would take your single action BB gun's muzzle blast and make it about NULL. not quiet it, but make it go away. you should try it. its not that hard if you go about it the "easy way" with a hole saw on a drill and a flat drill bit that matches the small pipe's diameter. you would spend more time drilling the 80 holes you need in the small pipe i think.

• 2 weeks later...