Krebs AK Rear Sight Receiver Rail

http://www.krebscustom.com/CustomParts.html#REARRAIL

The answer to all my iron sight wet dreams about the Saiga .308 (I hope).

M16 style windage and elevation adjustment at the rear peep sight, rail system to mount optics but still use iron sights, and longer sight radius.

This thing might be sexier than Angelina Jolie naked in a kiddie pool filled with baby oil..... :wub:

Being krebs, it'll be high. The rumors I've heard are the $200-$300 range :eek: I just bought one of DPH Arms Beryl sight rails for one of my Saigas, and it's the same thing minus the rear sight for $70. Pretty frickin' sweet, too.

This thing might be sexier than Angelina Jolie naked in a kiddie pool filled with baby oil..... :wub:

I don't think I'd go that far, but it does look nice. Any word on the price?

According to Brian Conrad at Krebs they haven't finished doing their price analysis yet but they hope to have the product available by May.

And yeah, the more I thought about Angelina the more I decided I might have been smoking crack when I wrote that line.

Being krebs, it'll be high. The rumors I've heard are the $200-$300 range :eek: I just bought one of DPH Arms Beryl sight rails for one of my Saigas, and it's the same thing minus the rear sight for $70. Pretty frickin' sweet, too.

I took a look at that product but I can't tell if it swings up like the krebs product does. Can you perhaps shed some light on this? I would hate to have to remove it from the leaf sight mount every time I wanted to clean the weapon.

It swings up just like the Krebs. The only real difference is the attachment at the buttstock (it's just a stock screw) and no rear sight (easy enough to remedy). Very nice product.

Have you noticed any additional wear/tear on the threading?

Also do you think a rail mounted sight would sit too high? I'm thinking of something like this:

http://blackrifleworks.com/m4ar15m16-match...ight-p-209.html

I have a similar sight on mine, but it does indeed sit too high for the factory saiga front sight. I'm using an AR front sight on mine, I'll post a pic when I get it all put back together. As far as threading goes, I haven't noticed too much wear on the stock, but I am working up a different way to attach it just in case. I'll show you when it's done.

I have a similar sight on mine, but it does indeed sit too high for the factory saiga front sight. I'm using an AR front sight on mine, I'll post a pic when I get it all put back together. As far as threading goes, I haven't noticed too much wear on the stock, but I am working up a different way to attach it just in case. I'll show you when it's done.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it. If it's something I can copy then I might go with this option.

Was the front sight a thread-in post or did you replace the whole front sight block?

I'd also be interested to know if you've been able to test the accuracy since you installed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it. If it's something I can copy then I might go with this option.

Was the front sight a thread-in post or did you replace the whole front sight block?

I'd also be interested to know if you've been able to test the accuracy since you installed it.

Do you think there might be a front sight replacement for the SAIGA where you can install an AR-15-esque front sight to match up with the rear sight correctly?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

oddly enough i have an old issue of guns magazine. dates back to 2004. krebs already produced one of these apparently as it was featured on a krebs custom on the front cover of the magazine. i wonder why they stopped production of the original one...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over on thr.org, the guy who makes the SKS TechSight says he will have an AK peep sight out this spring. It won't have the sight rail, but it will almost assuredly be much cheaper than the Krebs rail. I love the techSight on my SKS, so I am hoping it happens.

His pictures:

6531385-sm.jpg

6531376-sm.jpg