polymer cased ammo?

The price could be better for non-reloadable ammo, but still I am curious and I'm not sure why. Anybody tried or heard of this stuff?

www.sportsmansguide.com

I've heard of it:

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/pdf/Natecammo.pdf

Years ago, I remember picking up white plastic-cased .38 Special cases, with brass rims (kind of like mini-shotgun shells), at the range . They didn't go any where at that time - maybe this will be different...

;>)

The .223 stuff is pretty common around here. Cheap too. Around $2 a box. For here, it is a really good price. Talked to several people that have used it and there is no complaints from them, but I head off of other forums that some has their extractors rip the brass part off and leave the poly in the chamber. Don't know how common it is.

Thanks Bob! That sure as hell answered my question and then some. If the stuff was cheaper I'd want to give it a try.

'Small Arms Review' is a great source of information - matter of fact, it's my favorite periodical. My local Hastings book store carries it (to their everlasting credit ;>)