Gary's new TROMIX S-20

What's the o.d. of that laser?

Dinzag - Not sure what you're asking when you say "o.d."?

If you are referring to the "overall dimensions," then please see the dimension pic below. When viewing the laser directly head-on (down its barrel), the circular diameter is 30mm across.

I purchased this particular green laser off of eBay (from a HongKong seller), and it was listed as 36mw (although I seriously doubt it rates that high).

post-4853-1176673523.jpg

post-4853-1176690602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary

About friggin' time!!!!!!!!

Sweet looking weapon there Gary "Wilson"

I'm all about the action figures as well.

especially. Cap and Submariner! Very patriotic as in the invaders.

The greatest heroes of WWII!

So you collect pipes AND action figures, Gary? lol glad you like the gun.

Yep, I'm into pipes....'n shit :lol: . I attribute my pipe interests to my Dad. He was a pipe aficionado, so when the time came, I wanted to be also. Go figure? The action figures are all me though.... my Saturday morning cartoon heroes while I was growing up.

Jeaux E -- Nope; I still haven't fired her. I will be coming this next week.

Juggernaut -- Thanks! About damn time you commented on the photos that I posted! :ph34r:

post-4853-1176732234_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1176732267_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary

Well, at least now you know how it feels!!! J/K!

Sorry man, been preoccupied with worry the last couple of days. :cryss:

For real, sorry if you felt I left you hangin'!

awesome gun!

Ah ha! I just got back into town and what do I finally see... Garys 12,957,998 E mail TROMIX S-20 special!

She looks like she was worth every single one of those E mails too! That is an OUTSTANING weapon.

The attention to detail really stands out. Very nice!

post-4575-1176752283.gif

Thanks Johnny Gun (I know you were patiently waiting for the pics, as was Juggernaut), and thank you for all that have commented.

For my purposes; how I feel most comfortable handling the shottie, removing the rear portion of the integrated picatinny rail was precisely what the doctor ordered. Everything came out.... at least as good as I had hoped!

~Gary

post-4853-1176776536_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1176776562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary
Thanks Johnny Gun (I know you were patiently waiting for the pics, as was Juggernaut), and thank you for all that have commented.

For my purposes; how I feel most comfortable handling the shottie, removing the rear portion of the integrated picatinny rail was precisely what the doctor ordered. Everything came out.... at least as good as I had hoped!

~Gary

Soooo sexy. I like the look of the galil charging handle, but does it distract you when you're shooting? I'm not sure how much it would bother me having it in my periphery, but then again I've never noticed my shells ejecting so it might not even be noticed.

AegisDei -- In my honest opinion, the galil charging handle does not detract whatesoever from my sight picture when I'm lining-up the iron sights. I've attached two photos below... to provide you an idea on what you would see, when obtaining a sight picture.

Having not yet fired my TROMIX S-20 (that should occur this coming weekend), I cannot provide you an answer regarding shooting with this type of handle, but as mentioned, I would be hugely surprised if it in any manner distracts me or my aiming.

As an unrelated side comment: Using the galil handle in conjunction with the BHO... is slicker than snot! (IMHO). Quite frankly, I can only imagine engaging a BHO with a standard AK-type charging handle would require a little more finesse and rotation of the gun while handling it. With the galil charging handle (and charging the bolt with one's left hand), no rotation of the gun is required whatsoever.

I WOULD NOT SWAP-OUT FOR A STANDARD CHARGING HANDLE IN A MILLION YEARS now that I've experienced this particular set-up on my shottie. Granted, were one inclined to go with optics or some sort of HUD device, the galil charging handle wouldn't work well (if at all). But having the gun laser mounted.... and after all, this IS a shotgun we're talking about.... I personally would never want optics.

Hope my answers help! And thank YOU for the complement regarding my S-20.

post-4853-1176847760_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1176847776_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary

Hey Gary.... I almost didn't recognize you with your new Avatar. Been looking for a new one myself, Itcy & Scratchy seen a little cartoonish when I discuss important subjcts, ........ like vertical grips! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the long winded reply, I have been mulling over placing a vertical grip on Ivan, I painted a camo pattern on his hand guard in a fit of rainy day boardom, which will almost require me to swap it out when I replace the camo painted stock. One of the best things about this Forum is that I can bounce ideas off other members. I think the regular handguard feels OK but I see an awful lot of members who I respect with a vertical grip installed. Which is one of the things I hate about this Forum...... so many GREAT ideas, you know...which path to follow! :lolol: In fact I like Ivan in the sport configuration .....but I know he must eventually undergo the TRANSFORMATION!

Oh yeah I spent 4 years in Uncle Sams Army myself. Did it all in Heidelberg Germany as a maping surveyor back in the 80's.....when the dollar was flying HIGH! TDY'ed all over Europe. Man thoses were GOOD times!

AegisDei -- In my honest opinion, the galil charging handle does not detract whatesoever from my sight picture when I'm lining-up the iron sights. I've attached two photos below... to provide you an idea on what you would see, when obtaining a sight picture.

That thing is sooooo gorgeous. Even searching for fault, it proved to be perfect. :smoke:

I really can't say enough good things about that gun.

That thing is sooooo gorgeous. Even searching for fault, it proved to be perfect. :smoke:

I really can't say enough good things about that gun.

Awwwww.... now stop it! You're gonna make me blush :wub:, or worse yet... (**trying to think of something equally as funny to write, but the words escape him**).

It's not perfect... but I'd be bullshitting if I were to convey that I'm not ecstatic regarding how it all turned out (and that I didn't botch the modification job with cutting the forend's railing).

Now, once I receive from Tony one of his modified SPAS-15 folding stocks, I will be "satiated" with my baby!

Johnny Gun -- I completely agree and empathize: "...one of the things I hate about this Forum...... so many GREAT ideas, you don't know...which path to follow!"

Edited by Gary

I realized I was remiss with not including photos of my TROMIX S-20 in its "folded" configuration. So here ya go (see below).

The last photo is of my baby's 'sleeping accommodations' when she rests sweetly under my bed.

post-4853-1177277238_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1177277246_thumb.jpg

post-4853-1177277263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary