Questions from the new guy

ok, i know its been asked a hundred times, but i recently got weak in the knees when i saw a tactical pistol grip saiga 12. ive already done the "check out tormix" thing, and he does absolutly amazing work. but i would like to have somthing soon, not when snow is falling!!! (sorry tony!!) can the cheaper (450$) version be fitted with the pisotol grip and folding but stock? or is it more complicated than some one thats mechanicly inclined (diesle tech) should attept? would a pistol grip come with instructions for convresion? do the new saiga 12's come with the bolt hold open feature? one thing that fustrating is i cant find one place that offers a complet line of accessories, seems everyone wants to sell a mag a maybe one other part but nothing else. is there a forum or member list of mods or compatible parts. i dont realy want universal parts, then it will looking like a wal-mart special. im thinking my ideal siaga 12, would have a folding butt stock with one of those webbed cartridge holders that holds like 8 shoots, the classic "AK" muzzel sight, a shark brake, tactical folding grip, a tactical flash light/laser dot combo, a calapsible bi-pod, and a desent scope. about the scope, does the gun come new with the side rail scope mount? if not were to find? what scopes are compatible with the mount, any "AK" compatible scope? and are all the saiga 12s set up for the side mount scope. is the shark brake slug compatable, and whats with "chokes" is there a best? im looking to shoot slugs with a degree of acuracy, i read the full choke is not slug compatible? a big fear is to get the low end model and either spend a whole lot on parts that arnt compatable, or cant find what i need and have a partialy functioning/dissasembled gun for weeks waiting to get what i need/want. does anyone know a site or catalog thats a one stop shop? red stick had some nice 12s but they all seem to have tormix parts would the tormix backlog effect delivery? biggest question any one that has a tormix that has also operated a non-tormix does all the extra machining and modifications to the base gun itself improve the gun to make it worth an extra $600 bucks? i realy apreciate all the feedback, the more info i can get the faster i can help start spreading the saiga gossple!! ps this will be my first gun so theres that much more of a learning curve but my nighbor is a gun smith so i can get a little help from him, though this wouldnt be his gun of expertease, he does custom long range riffles. http://spencerriflebarrels.com/

and again thanks for any info...

post-6708-1180923881_thumb.jpg

post-6708-1180923993_thumb.jpg

post-6708-1180924100_thumb.jpg

Edited by mavrick16o

Just read the posts youll find all the info you need to do the conversion. For chokes I recomend a polychoke. They make them for the S12 and they just screw on. Krebs has some custom parts, also check tapco, dph, and rusmilititary. The conversion is really not that hard.

Welcome new guy. First it's "Tromix" not Tormix...

You are posting in the tech section so at least you know where it is. Read all the posts in here you can and don't do anything to the gun til you have a better understanding of it. Just go out and shoot the hell out of it and get to know it like it is now. Then you can truly appreciate any differences in the converted gun once you get that far.

There are links here for many places to get parts. Blackjack and DPH are both places where you can find most of what you need in one place. Also KVar.

Good luck with your new addiction.

Read cobras conversion thread. You may not want to go as fancy, but it will give you an idea. Its pretty cool knowing that you turned your gun into something special. Also you will like how much more balenced they feel and how much better the trigger is without all that linkage crap in there. Like cobra said read up on how to do it first and then take your time doing it. If you run into trouble or have specific questions you can post a thread or pm one of us thats done a couple.

Thanks for all the info so far, theres such a wealth of knowledge and post its hard to digest so fast, with out having a saiga 12 in front of me yet; its putting all the pieces together in my head. thanks and as soon as ive got one ill post pics of the newest offspring.