I have the V53 pistol (.308) and have subsequently added a telescoping stock on a Form 1. They are well built and I've had no problems with it. Would say their products are high quality.

I have the V53 pistol (.308) and have subsequently added a telescoping stock on a Form 1.

You mean V51? I've heard great things about their products. Their Uzi's are reportedly well made. Heard some early V-53s had problems in semi and wouldn't function well on full auto without replacement with HK53 parts. They seem to be fine now. I've considered doing a short barrel on one but heard that the recoil rod/spring has to be modified to work in the shorties. Was yours that way Tritium?

I have the V53 pistol (.308) and have subsequently added a telescoping stock on a Form 1.

You mean V51? I've heard great things about their products. Their Uzi's are reportedly well made. Heard some early V-53s had problems in semi and wouldn't function well on full auto without replacement with HK53 parts. They seem to be fine now. I've considered doing a short barrel on one but heard that the recoil rod/spring has to be modified to work in the shorties. Was yours that way Tritium?

Oops.........yep, the V51 that is. The people at Vector are very easy to work with and quite pleasant. There was no mod of any type necessary in installing the collapsible stock. Just took off the back plate and substituted the stock. I'd love to have an auto sear but not at about $11,000.

I have a vector AK.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programmin....asp?Prodid=233

Solid build, Parkerized. No bells, No Whistles, no frills, Solid AK...

Armory receiver, and Bulgy parts (I think).

From what I hear, Vector had a rough start (or an early bad rap) and have gotten allot better.

Everyone says Rex is a good guy... I do not know him myself (yet).

Granted, nothing fancy... straight forward AK build..... I'm very happy with mine.

I'd like to get one of their new milled receiver ones.

Oops.........yep, the V51 that is. The people at Vector are very easy to work with and quite pleasant. There was no mod of any type necessary in installing the collapsible stock. Just took off the back plate and substituted the stock.

I've gotten to speak with them at the shows where they are always busy but still willing to answer questions. Glad your stock went right on, I had been looking at doing a B&T folder on a 51. Now that's my kind of gun :D Then again, I have HK53/93 mags at home with nothing to put them in :rolleyes:

The V51 is not as nasty as one might think to shoot. Fireball? You bet! I picked up fifty G3 mags from Tapco at $1/each and also have some 30 rounders, so should be set for a while.

I frequently travel to N. Salt Lake on business and have always been warmly welcomed at their storefront. I have owned Vector brand UZI carbines, full size UZI pistols, V53 (.223), and V89 (9mm SP89 pistol clone). Of those, I have always had great customer service and all were well made. Even though they are currently backlogged on orders, they shipped my last purchase in about 2 weeks. They also seem very willing to build a gun to your (legal) request, such as Hebrew marked lowers on UZIs & full or semi bolts on HK clones. Never owned one of their AKs but held a few, they seem just as well built. I would recommend them.

• 11 months later...

Well right now they have some problems:

HECKLER & KOCH, INC. v. VECTOR ARMS, INC.

Plaintiff: HECKLER & KOCH, INC.

Defendant: VECTOR ARMS, INC.

Case Number: 1:2008cv00389

Filed: March 25, 2008

Court: Indiana Southern District Court

Office: Indianapolis Office

County: Hamilton

Presiding Judge: Judge David Frank Hamilton

Referring Judge: Magistrate Judge Tim A. Baker

Nature of Suit: Intellectual Property - Trademark

Cause: 15:1125 Trademark Infringement (Lanham Act)

Jurisdiction: Federal Question

Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Vector Arms v. Coharie Arms

Plaintiff: Vector Arms

Defendant: Coharie Arms

Case Number: 1:2008cv00039

Filed: April 16, 2008

Court: Utah District Court

Office: Northern Office

County: Weber

Presiding Judge: Judge Dee Benson

Nature of Suit: Contract - Other Contract

Cause: 28:1332 Diversity-Breach of Contract

Jurisdiction: Diversity

Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

....So H&K is suing them for trademark violations , and they are suing thier part supplier Coharie Arms because they no longer are suppling them parts.

Not so good for future of Vector guns...

Edited by Maxwell