Do they make a boresnake in that caliber? I went to Gander Mountain, but they only had ones .22 rifles/pistols and other rifle calibers, but no 7.62x39. If they don't make one, how do I use the cleaning rod that came with it? I thought you can't go in fro the muzzle and I don't know how to get it in from the receiver.

Edit:

I just read that the .30 cal rifle boresnake should work, does that sound right?

Edited by 22_Shooter

Thanks............I just got back from Gander Mountain and bought the 30. cal boresnake. It was a TIGHT fit, I mean, it was hard to pull through. I hope that's normal :unsure: . But anyway, I picked up a 20 pack of Federal Power Shok. That shit's expensive, $20!! They had NO other brand in x39!! Well they carry them, but they were out. But I just wanted to shoot already. Took it to the woods, and was shooting in my normal spot, into a 25' high embankment at about 50 yards away. My target: an evil phonebook that was trying to attack me. Both 10 shot groups lit the book up :devil: . Now after shooting, I figured out my next purchase.........some quality ear protection!!! Holy crap my ears were ringing. I know, most of you are probably saying "Why the hell didnt you have any ear protection?" I know, I know. I was just over-enthused about shooting it, and didn't think about it. But anyway, great gun, great first outing, eventhough it was very short lived.