saiga model`M`

Thank you for your interest in our products. The saiga M series could be available later in the year. We have submitted the paperwork to bring them into the country and are awaiting approval. When they become available I will post them on our web site. It is usually about 4 months between approval and the arrival of any rifles.

Clyde Woods

Sales & Marketing

Russian American Armory Company

http://www.izhmash.ru/pix/saiga_m_g.jpg

i received this mail today. view the pictureof the model`M` at the above link. i was informed in another late mail that the IZHMASH factory had already received the orders.

cheers

Does anyone have any idea how difficult it will be to fit an aftermarket buttstock to this model (either fixed or foldling, like say a Tromix stock or a triangular AK sidefolder stock)? One one hand, with the trigger/hammer group already in the forward position on the receiver, the Saiga M looks like it might be a better starting place for conversions than the regular Saiga model. However, with that slanted angle on the rear of its receiver, it looks like mounting an aftermarket stock will be more difficult than with a regular Saiga.

Does anyone have any idea how difficult it will be to fit an aftermarket buttstock to this model (either fixed or foldling, like say a Tromix stock or a triangular AK sidefolder stock)? One one hand, with the trigger/hammer group already in the forward position on the receiver, the Saiga M looks like it might be a better starting place for conversions than the regular Saiga model. However, with that slanted angle on the rear of its receiver, it looks like mounting an aftermarket stock will be more difficult than with a regular Saiga.

That stock and angled rear looks very similar to the veprs that RAA were recently importing.

Izmash now owns Molot which was making the veprs so its no surprise.

003408.medium.jpg

saiga_m.jpg

Edited by dog
I'm assuming that it is a rifle and not a 12ga shotgun. Also I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the back of the receiver is not cut at the angle that you see of the wood, but is actually a regular receiver with the buttstock wood covering it.

Thats exactly what I was thinking about the receiver, Lets hope so.

the parts count on a rifle doesn't really have much to do with a shotgun. :wacko:

your comparing apples to oranges.

this will be the first saiga shotgun imported with a thumbhole stock AFAIK.

the effect of its import approval will/should change the way the parts count game is played for the better.

The Saiga-M isn't a shotgun.