Just a heads up: This Saturday, Sept. 8th at 9:00PM on Spike TV.

UFC Light-Heavyweight Champ: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Pride Light-Heavyweight Champ: Dan "Hollywood" Henderson.

The other fights on the card are great too, but I can't wait to see the title fight. The winner will be the undisputed light-heavyweight champ of the world. It's awesome because this would usually be a pay-per-view fight, but they're showing it free on Spike. So I just thought I'd let people know if they didn't already. :D

Hello, 22_shooter

Thanks for the heads-up. I try to catch all the non-PPV stuff and rent/copy the DVD's of the PPV shows when they become available.

The time frame between PPV snd DVD releases is shrinking all the time, it's down to three months or so, now.

Who are you picking in the LH match?

Man, you certainly have to respect the 'nads and courage of Dan Henderson, he shows no fear, ever. If the "right" Rampage shows up, though, it may be a long night for Hollywood. It's a bitch when even a great grappler like Hollywood can't go to the ground without the prospect of a vicious body-slam from Rampage. I reckon if he takes Rampage down, he better be sure to stay on top.

I wonder if Randy Coutre is going to stay in the Heavyweight class? I'm thinking Fedor Emelianenko (SP) is going to roll over anybody in front of him for quite some time. But, I thought the same thing about Georges St.-Pierre.....

The best,

guido2 in Houston

Rampage > Henderson, imo. It's not a good match, and the only reason Hollywood is getting the shot is the "Title Unification" gimmick.

Fedor hasn't been signed by the UFC and there is a lot of doubt that he will. Dana wants an exclusive contract, and Fedor likes his Sambo tournys in the motherland. He's like a national hero back home. That being said, I'd love to see him clean up the HW division.

Who are you picking in the LH match?

I too would have to say Rampage will come out victorious. He's just nuts and so powerful. Not to say Henderson, seeming like a quiet, relaxed guy, couldn't come out on top. But I leaning towards Rampage for this one. :smoke:

Rampage > Henderson, imo. It's not a good match, and the only reason Hollywood is getting the shot is the "Title Unification" gimmick.

Fedor hasn't been signed by the UFC and there is a lot of doubt that he will. Dana wants an exclusive contract, and Fedor likes his Sambo tournys in the motherland. He's like a national hero back home. That being said, I'd love to see him clean up the HW division.

Fedor is the man! You see that old fight against that HUGE black guy? Can't remember the guys name, but he made Fedor look like a 12 yr old boy standing up with him, but Fedor laid him out pretty quickly.

Edited to add: The guys name is Zulzinho. Here's a vid of the fight.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...h&plindex=0

Edited by 22_Shooter

I think I'm with Rampage on this one...If he pulls it off I see Dan dropping to MW.

With the recent signing of Silva and Shogun, the LHW division is really stacked!

I see Shogun rising to the top.

Fedor will be attending the fight Saturday as well. Hopefully to make an announcement. :up:

Sounds like Brock "cockchest" Lesner is in the works too - haven't seen him challenged yet though.

Wish we could get Alex E., but I think his criminal record won't allow him to fight in the US.

WEC last night was really good.

Quinton Jackson is now the Unified Light Heavy-Weight Champion! The fight wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped, but ah well, they can't all be. I was kinda surprised at the decision of the Matt Hamill/Mike Bisping fight, I had it 2 rounds to 1 in Hamills favor.

Quinton Jackson is now the Unified Light Heavy-Weight Champion! The fight wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped, but ah well, they can't all be. I was kinda surprised at the decision of the Matt Hamill/Mike Bisping fight, I had it 2 rounds to 1 in Hamills favor.

I'd have to adree with you there on the Bisp/Hamill fight.

Also CroCop got pushed around and dominated.

Also CroCop got pushed around and dominated.

Yeah he did. He didn't seem confident at all, maybe that loss against Gonzaga is still eating him.

The only thing that suprised me about the outcome of this card was the shitty call on the Bisping/Hamill fight, and the extent that Bisping went to make an ass of himself afterwards.

I thought so as well, no class from that guy. I like it when the guys beat the shit out of eachother, then right after the fight, it's all hugs, handshakes and pats on the back. Bisping had no respect for Hamill, it's a shame.

Hey, while Rany Coutre was in the announcer booth just prior to the Rampage/Hollywood fight there was mention of Fedor (in the context of he and Randy meeting) so maybe there has been some progress in getting him on-board with the "unification" thing.

Also, I thought it was kind of significant that Rampage didn't even attempt a single body-slam of Hollywood. Either Hollywood prevented it with his excellent wrestler's base, or Rampage is readjusting his tactics. Seemed Rampage was unexpectedly content to grapple with Hollywood.

I think Coutre/Noguerra (sp?)(the ex-champ, before Fedor came back from his injuries and decimated him...not his twin brother) would be an excellent match. Not unlike Coutre/Liddel.

guido2 in Houston