Hi, My name is Jim --

This is really getting out of control! I just got done ordering more stuff for my Saiga S12 -- and that's before Mike Davidson comes out with the magwells (which will be a "must have", I'm sure!)

The more I thought about it, the more I decided I really wanted an adjustable stock on my S12. I'm not that worried about the side folder (I put it on my x39 -- nice, but not essential to me), but I really like the idea of adjustable LOP -- both for different shooters (like my wife) and for different clothing (summer versus winter). So I went ahead and ordered a CAA CBS 6-position collapsible. It's basically the same stock I have on my AK, but they make one now with an AK adpater built onto the buffer tube. So no more receiver blocks or cutting the dang tang. I really like my CAA stock on my AK, so I think it will be perfect on the S12. The down side to the CAA stuff is that it's made in Israel, so it doesn't count for compliance. With the S12 it's not an issue, though, because I have more than enough compliance parts (especially when using the AGP mags).

So hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the new buttstock. I also ordered a Viking Tactical light mount to put my Surefire light on the Picatinny rail I installed. It will sit just foward of the vertical grip.

I'm still waiting for my extra AGP mag and the elevated front sight to come in.

Somebody stop me before I accessorize again!!

Jim

Comrade Jim

I to am a Saigaholic just wish I had the money to feed my need.

Well, let's just say that this new addiction is forcing me to take a serious look at my handgun collection -- and move out things I'm not using. The Glock is gone, one of the CZ's is for sale and the Walther is probably next! :cryss:

Jim

Comrade Jim

Well, let's just say that this new addiction is forcing me to take a serious look at my handgun collection -- and move out things I'm not using. The Glock is gone, one of the CZ's is for sale and the Walther is probably next! :cryss:

Jim

Jim...........aman GOTTA TO DO WHAT A MAN GOTTA TO DO............better things will come.....:)

Comrade Jim

Jim

OMG, MAN !!! STEP BACK FROM THE HANDGUN COLLECTION !!!!

Always add to........never take away from !!!! If you can't get in control of this, you'll look back someday and....................(shudder.......)............. Having been there once myself, I can feel your pain..........but try to resist it !!!!

Jeaux

TROMIX Fiend

Comrade Jim

Jim

OMG, MAN !!! STEP BACK FROM THE HANDGUN COLLECTION !!!!

Always add to........never take away from !!!! If you can't get in control of this, you'll look back someday and....................(shudder.......)............. Having been there once myself, I can feel your pain..........but try to resist it !!!!

Jeaux

TROMIX Fiend

+1 Never sell, always buy. Then you too can look for a second or third safe. :)

Well Jim, we're in the same boat ( hee hee, couldn't resist) I just started doing my conversion yesterday and then saw Mike D's post about magwells and just said "what the hell" and ordered a drum and put my name in for a magwell too.

I had just decided to stop buying stuff for the Saiga, but I didn't last long before I fell off the boat, er, I mean wagon and bought again!

Always add to........never take away from !!!!

sometimes you have to sell, some guns just don't live up the expectations.

biggest disappointment, SPAS-12. The only regret I have about selling it is, I didn't keep it longer so I could sell it now and get more money out of it.

If you check my website, you'll see that selling guns is nothing new for me. I like to try a variety of guns, but some work for me and others don't. I don't really regret any of my purchases, but I also don't regret selling them. When it's time for them to go, they go.

The only one I can see hanging onto for no apparent reason is my Beretta Billennium -- it's just such a sweet gun! I may not shoot it much, but I don't have anything else that can compare to it!

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy

Well, my new accessories arrived tonight. So now my S12 is sporting the new CAA collapsible stock and a Viking Tactics light mount. This pic also has the elevated front sight. Here's the latest look:

Saiga_S12_CAA.JPG

The new CAA AK stock is nice. It has an aluminum extension tube with an integrated (aluminum) receiver block. It is held in place with two Allen-headed machine screws in the top two holes (this is for receivers that still have the upper tang!) It's very well made and very solid. I picked mine up at Area 51 Tactical for $110.

The light mount holds the light (it's a TACSTAR T6 light) to the side and it's perfectly positioned so I can activate the endcap pushbutton with my thumb when I'm holding the vertical grip -- but it's not a problem if I don't want to use it. The mount fits securely on the Picatinny rail with three Allen screws and it holds the light securely.

I probably won't get a chance to shoot her this weekend (I'm taking a Suarez International rifle class) but I'll get her out for an OPTEST as soon as possible.

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy
If you check my website, you'll see that selling guns is nothing new for me. I like to try a variety of guns, but some work for me and others don't. I don't really regret any of my purchases, but I also don't regret selling them. When it's time for them to go, they go.

The only one I can see hanging onto for no apparent reason is my Beretta Billennium -- it's just such a sweet gun! I may not shoot it much, but I don't have anything else that can compare to it!

Jim

Hey Jim:

I didn't see anything that you sold that would break my heart to not have. When you get tired of your M1911 .45ACP give me a shout. We love .45's over here. :)

Hey Jim:

I didn't see anything that you sold that would break my heart to not have. When you get tired of your M1911 .45ACP give me a shout. We love .45's over here. :)

Nice try -- but the Navy Colt isn't going anywhere! That's a family heirloom with a lot of history. My great Uncle was in the Navy and he "brought it home" with him when he retired in the 50's. He spent most of WW II deployed on subs and sub tenders in the Pacific. The gun itself was made in August 1912 and issued to the Navy in Brooklyn NY.

She's not much of a shooter (so I have the RIA for when I get that .45 ACP urge), but she's one of the jewels of my collection. My 17-rd old has already claimed "dibs" on it when I go! :)

Jim

Hey Jim:

Nice try -- but the Navy Colt isn't going anywhere! That's a family heirloom with a lot of history. My great Uncle was in the Navy and he "brought it home" with him when he retired in the 50's. He spent most of WW II deployed on subs and sub tenders in the Pacific. The gun itself was made in August 1912 and issued to the Navy in Brooklyn NY.

She's not much of a shooter (so I have the RIA for when I get that .45 ACP urge), but she's one of the jewels of my collection. My 17-rd old has already claimed "dibs" on it when I go! :)

Jim

Can't blame a guy for trying. I have my father's M1911 Colt and it is a Transition Model made in 1924 as they were switching over to the A1. I also have a M9111A1 .45ACP made by the Remington Rand Co. in Syracuse, N.Y. in 1944. I paid $50 for that one years ago and left it bone stock; it shoots well and has an unbelievable trigger from so much use (I would suppose). My other .45's are shooters (target, defense & etc.) Let me know if your boy changes his mind. :)

Well, my new accessories arrived tonight. So now my S12 is sporting the new CAA collapsible stock and a Viking Tactics light mount. This pic also has the elevated front sight. Here's the latest look:

Saiga_S12_CAA.JPG

The new CAA AK stock is nice. It has an aluminum extension tube with an integrated (aluminum) receiver block. It is held in place with two Allen-headed machine screws in the top two holes (this is for receivers that still have the upper tang!) It's very well made and very solid. I picked mine up at Area 51 Tactical for $110.

The light mount holds the light (it's a TACSTAR T6 light) to the side and it's perfectly positioned so I can activate the endcap pushbutton with my thumb when I'm holding the vertical grip -- but it's not a problem if I don't want to use it. The mount fits securely on the Picatinny rail with three Allen screws and it holds the light securely.

I probably won't get a chance to shoot her this weekend (I'm taking a Suarez International rifle class) but I'll get her out for an OPTEST as soon as possible.

Let us know how the Suarez course goes. I've read about the courses and am curious.

Jim

Let us know how the Suarez course goes. I've read about the courses and am curious.

Jim

Will do -- I'm looking forward to it. This is the Fighting Rifle Sklls course. If this goes well, they're holding a Shotgun Fighting course at the end of October that I'll probably take. So the S12 will get it's work out!

Jim