utg railed hand gaurds

The problem is going to be the width at the rear. I've never seen an AK handguard that didn't need to be opened up to fit the s12, the problem is going to be if you have enough material to work with.

My bet is that your going to have three partial rails with no inner support at best. You need to have someone who owns one spec it out, or if Aim has a good return policy, but it and send it back if you find that you can't make it fit.

In short: No.

The UTG rail system comes in two parts. The upper part is held onto the gas tube like a regular AK handguard, and lower gets pushed in place and secured to the upper via machine screws. Since the S12 does not have flanges for an upper handguard there is no way of securing forward motion. So, even if you could mill it out to fit, it still couldn't be secured.

Agreed, the halo is heavy as hell. I'm a pretty big dude, so it don't bother me so much.

The wife wont touch it because its so heavy.(Pushin' 17 LBS fully loaded with AGP, HALO, Eo Tech 552 and other Valley Bitch goodies!) cant wait until my my new mod is done.

it will be much lighter.... Anyone ever try the CAA 5 rail on an s12?

If I remember correctly CAA IS NOT US made either.

botach_1967_757701.jpg

If I remember correctly CAA IS NOT US made either.

Yeah, from what I hear, it's Chinese made.

CAA has Israeli-made parts--at least some of them.

Maybe I stand corrected. The consensus that I've been hearing was Chinese, who knows. But either way, we're all right in saying it's imported.

Maybe I stand corrected. The consensus that I've been hearing was Chinese, who knows. But either way, we're all right in saying it's imported.

Yeah--I've seen some ads where it clearly states 'made in Israel' for some of the parts. Agree, either way, they're foreign.