How to wrap Paracord?

I have wrapped handles before but it's very difficult to describe it. I'm not also sure if the method I use is the "official" method the official paracord wrapping people use but I have never had mine unravel on me before either so I haven't had a need to look for anything else.. I don't happen to have anything handy to do a little photo tutorial either but I'll do my best to describe it.

First, I decide where the wrap will start and where it will end. Leave a good 4-6" free at the desired starting point then run the cord parallel to the tube (starting at the point you wish to start wrapping at) and run it past the projected end point of your wrap. Go a little further and loop the cord back down to the base where you intend the wrap to start.

Then, start wrapping around the tube tightly and carefully. These wraps will go over the long loop we just made. Keep that loop straight and parallel as possible as it'll look better in the end. When you finally finish wrapping to the end and doublecheck that it's tight, you should have a small loop sticking out the end of the wrap since we extended the loop from earlier a little bit farther than where you planned for the paracord wrapping to end. Now feed the free end you were just wrapping with through the little loop.

Now, that 4-6" tail at the very beginning of our wrap job needs to be pulled hard. I usually leave more than necessary so I can get a good grip and give it a firm tug. This will tighten the loop around other free end in it like a noose.

When you tug it hard, there should be no way in hell the other end can get loose. After that, cut off either end to length and take a lighter to the ends so they don't fray. Also, I heat mine enough that they catch fire for a little bit. I then blow it out and take the end of a butterknife and press into the ends so they flair out a bit...no way it'll ever work itself loose.

Hope it makes sense!

Edited by Cesiumsponge