Knoxx Compstock on stock IZ109 Saiga-12?

Tried site search first and got a couple hits back in April from "macgyverhk" asking basicly same question with no definative answers forthcoming other than "BattleRifleG3" offering to look into it etc, so thought I'd ask again.

Having suffered a partially detached retina from excessive recoil a few years ago, I now use Knoxx Compstocks, SpecOps & BreachersGrip on all my Remington pumps and rifles. Have a BreachersGrip on my Serbu Super Shorty AOW and it really tames the recoil impulse to the hand with 3" mag 00 buck.

Was just wondering if anybody had ever tried replacing the S-12 factory stock with a custom fitted Compstock and if so, how well did it work when rapid firing 3" mag 00 buckshot and slugs. Did it affect action cycling (FTE&F, short stroking etc) ?

I find rapid firing 10 rds of 3" mag 00 loads from a friends new stock 19" IZ109 S-12 to be a little punishing. If nobody has tried this Compstock replacement, looks like I get to try a little experiment :wacko: on a new IZ109 I've just purchased. Thanks.

GhostComp.gif

Edited by jerrytofdallas
Tried site search first and got a couple hits back in April from "macgyverhk" asking basicly same question with no definative answers forthcoming other than "BattleRifleG3" offering to look into it etc, so thought I'd ask again.

Having suffered a partially detached retina from excessive recoil a few years ago, I now use Knoxx Compstocks, SpecOps & BreachersGrip on all my Remington pumps and rifles. Have a BreachersGrip on my Serbu Super Shorty AOW and it really tames the recoil impulse to the hand with 3" mag 00 buck.

Was just wondering if anybody had ever tried replacing the S-12 factory stock with a custom fitted Compstock and if so, how well did it work when rapid firing 3" mag 00 buckshot and slugs. Did it affect action cycling (FTE&F, short stroking etc) ?

I find rapid firing 10 rds of 3" mag 00 loads from a friends new stock 19" IZ109 S-12 to be a little punishing. If nobody has tried this Compstock replacement, looks like I get to try a little experiment :wacko: on a new IZ109 I've just purchased. Thanks.

GhostComp.gif

I've wondered if this might work myself! I've got an extra one lying around... PLEASE let us know how it turns out!!

• 2 years later...

Having suffered a partially detached retina from excessive recoil a few years ago, I now use Knoxx Compstocks, SpecOps & BreachersGrip on all my Remington pumps and rifles.

The instructor for my kids' Hunter Safety class had a problem with his retina and also a detached biceps tendon due to many years of recoil. After talking with him and reading your post I decided to test the Spec-Ops and Breachersgrip on my S12. It works great. See thread: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51298

• 4 weeks later...

there is a M4 type stock you can get for a shotgun that has a shock absorber in it. The "buffer tube" type thing, in this case itself has a shock absorber in it. Tis is not like the Knoxx stock that has both the grip and the butt w/ a shock absorber, only the butt would benefit from the shock absorber.

Enidine makes a hydraulic buffer for the AR . I was designed to control muzzle climb and recoil on FA weapons. I think that now they market it as a heavy duty buffer . I know Botach carried them .