.223 bullet guide

Hey I've been surfin' for bullet guides on the net, and already have one from Dinzag installed on my rifle, but I was wondering, will this work?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=281&page=1

I'm just curious. If you have Dinzag's installed, why would would you want/ need another one? To answer your question, though, yes, it would work. It is the one I have in mine. I've had no problems with it at all.

So what's the difference between the Orlites and other mags that the K-VAR guide won't feed, and yours will? Is it that your bullet guide protrudes into the mag and the K-VAR one doesn't?

The K-VAR guide is what I used in both my .223's before I came to this site and saw what Dinzag had to offer. I do use the Orlite magazines in mine and they work great but not before alot of testing and filing. I had to file feed ramps into the K-VAR guides for them to work and they still do not function reliably with soft (lead) point ammunition. I use the Hornady TAP rounds with the poly tip. I can also use the fmj ammo for practice.

For converting the Saiga .223, Dinzag has a better guide that does not require as much work.

Cool, I'm exhilarated (proper spelling?) to know that. It's a good thing too, as I've already got Dinzag's guide installed in my gun. I had some questions about the other guides K-VAR has to offer as far as the 7.62x39 went, but I'm gonna end up goin' with Dinzag all the way on this one. K-Var's overpriced anyway :haha:

K-Var can have some decent prices, but I object to spending $11 for shipping on a $14 part -- and there's no customer service like Dinzag provides. Not that K-Var isn't a decent outfit, but Dinzag will take care of you if you have an y problems with your guide (Saiga modified the trunnion on some of the newer 2006 models so standard bullet guides may need some adjustment.)

You can't go wrong with the D-man!! :D

Jim

LOL, damn and more damn, Dinzag bullet guide was designed for that purpose

to pick the round and no need of make a guide on the mouth of the chamber on the rifle

plus the use of different mags on the gun.

The guide was born long ago when some one posted about a .223 feeding with

orlites and Bulgarians, but was finally refine by dinzag.

In few Dinzag bullet guide is one of the best around, easy to install and does what

it supposed to do, almost idiot proof ( but nothing in this life is 100% idiot proof)

on installation and work.

And yes you cant go wrong with any product made by the MAN, good quality

and service.

Edited by vjor
In few Dinzag bullet guide is one of the best around, easy to install and does what

it supposed to do, almost idiot proof ( but nothing in this life is 100% idiot proof)

on installation and work.

And yes you cant go wrong with any product made by the MAN, good quality

and service.

+1E06

I even installed mine with a hand drill and the rifle across my lap while sitting in front of the TV! (Just make sure there's clear air under the trunion! :eek: )

Bill