Another thread regarding muzzle breaks

Narrowed down to Tromix shark or factory Russian one avaiable at the estore.

I know tromix looks better (at least on a conversion), but am curious if the Russian factory one prevents rise better?

Anyone compared the two? Function over form is what matters to me.

Thanks,

I have never used either and can't say. Just stepping in to remind you to make sure your staying compliant if you go with the Russian one. Sorry I couldn't help.

I know tromix looks better (at least on a conversion), but am curious if the Russian factory one prevents rise better?

Thanks,

The russian break has slots all the way around, so I really cant see it helping to keep the weapon from rising,

The Tromix shark break has slots on the left and right to help with recoil if I have it figured correctly, and 2 holes on the top to allow gas to go that way and help keep the muzzle down. Again, if I have it figured correctly.

I really like the Tromix shark break, you cant beat the looks although I have not had a chance to shoot my shotgun since getting it.

Thanks,

The russian break has slots all the way around, so I really cant see it helping to keep the weapon from rising,

The Tromix shark break has slots on the left and right to help with recoil if I have it figured correctly, and 2 holes on the top to allow gas to go that way and help keep the muzzle down. Again, if I have it figured correctly.

I really like the Tromix shark break, you cant beat the looks although I have not had a chance to shoot my shotgun since getting it.

Also the slots on the sides of the Tony's brake are angled back which should help with the recoil by the gases giving some forward push on brake. But like I said I've never tested either.

Thanks,

Also the slots on the sides of the Tony's brake are angled back which should help with the recoil by the gases giving some forward push on brake. But like I said I've never tested either.

I like the looks of the tromix too, but since there is no ident pin like on a regular ak, how do I know the holes will be on top when tightening it down?

Thanks,

I like the looks of the tromix too, but since there is no ident pin like on a regular ak, how do I know the holes will be on top when tightening it down?

I put loctite on mine and put it were it needed to be. Its in the vault now drying

Another option you might want to look at is Dinzag's AK-74 style S-12 brake. I just installed mine and it also looks impressive. I had a TROMIX shark brake that I destroyed the threads on so I have to order another from him.

nyclu3

Another option you might want to look at is Dinzag's AK-74 style S-12 brake. I just installed mine and it also looks impressive. I had a TROMIX shark brake that I destroyed the threads on so I have to order another from him.

nyclu3

How do the two compare in helping muzzle rise? Which one is more effective?

How did you destroy the tromix threads?

if the tolernces vary on the saigas how do you align the shark brake so the vertical ports stay staight up? with out it being loose

Use a lock nut as suggested or Loctite (red or blue) as it can be freed with application of heat.