Organic food

Have a heart, Shaneman.

I live out in the woods and spend all my money on bullets. Trying to load pics with my dial-up connection and 1940's digi-cam might take awhile.

:rolleyes:

Can you draw something on paint then? :rolleyes:

Congrats on the deer, I'm going out Monday, but I'm taking the PSL. Next month I get to hunt some new land (bout 600+ acres) so hopefully I'll join ya' soon!

Here's the one I got friday. I take back any comments about SC deer being on the small side, this one dressed out @190. Notice Clara the boxer dog making sure this one is dead.

DSC00200.jpg

Looks like meat is back on the menu boys.

Nice deer brother, and nice rifle.

And good luck to all of you in your hunting.

Deer guts are not that bad of smell. Try the smell of a old pig, damn you really

will be picking ladies Saturday night LOL.

Edited by vjor

Might as well put in my 2 cents. I took an old 3 pointer last week at 120 yards using 150 grain Winchester super x power points here in Georgia. I took out both lungs and he ran about 15 yards before piling up in some thickets. The Winchesters were giving me 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Gonna try out some 165 grain balistic tips and soft points when I get a chance. Good luck everyone!

No pics of the deer but here is my baby.

saiga1_800x.jpg

I got a question for you hunters.

How many of you recalibrate your scope after taking it off the rail to clean your gun before a hunt.

My Saiga is new to me and I havent had a chance to see how far off center it is after un-mounting the scope after a cleaning.

Would any of you take a chance and shoot at a buck without sighting in the scope one last time before a hunt, or do you have to recalibrate every time you clean your gun and unmount the scope?

I don't have a .308, but I have an x39. With the side mount tightened down nicely, it returns right to zero everytime i go to the range. I zeroed it in at 100 one week, took it home, removed the scope, put it back on, removed it, played with the gun, field strip, clean, etc etc. Go back out the next week after taking the scope on and off about 15 times, and BAM right back in the 9-10x ring. the UTG QD side mount is NICE and STURDY.

The key is to make sure that at about 80-85% of the way through the forward push of the lever, the mount would already hold on. That last 15% is for locking grip.

Don't baby it but don't monkey fist it. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/aksiramoqude.html That's what I have.

Edited by SaigaNoobie
I got a question for you hunters.

How many of you recalibrate your scope after taking it off the rail to clean your gun before a hunt.

My Saiga is new to me and I havent had a chance to see how far off center it is after un-mounting the scope after a cleaning.

Would any of you take a chance and shoot at a buck without sighting in the scope one last time before a hunt, or do you have to recalibrate every time you clean your gun and unmount the scope?

I always take it out and re-confirm zero (with clean ammo) the day before. I don't strip it to clean it, but I do rod the bore.

I should note, I haven't had the luck, that most folks have with the scope retaining zero if I take it off. If you know yours does 100%, you shouldn't need to.

Edited by shaneman153a

Mine returns to zero 100% but I do a quick zero check about every other hunting trip with a laser bore sighter. I'm more worried about banging my scope around and loosing zero that way. I have a target @ about 35yrd with point of aim and point of impact marked. If everything lines up, I don't mess with anything. My Saiga hasn't been field stripped since the start of deer season, just a couple of patches and the exterior wiped down every trip. I do that mostly just to ensure I didn't get any crap in my barrel and to get any twigs, leaves, and assorted organic material off my rifle. BTW sweet rifle Xzuatl! What color stain is that on your stock? I get the best accuracy in my two .308s with Federal 150gn, the 16" likes the premium and my 22" likes the blue box stuff. I get 1 1/2 to 2 inch groups at 100yrds

Edited by Havoc308