H&K Sights on s12

No one talks about H&K system?

No response about them in another post concerning optic's

Are they worth $150.00 as an option on a new gun?

Or are they mainly for looks? :haha:

Thanks

HK sights work on the S12, although there not the fastest sights they look cool. A low mounted red dot sight is the fastest. I would go with the red dot and pistol style sights on a shorty.

Aloha Esteban

Matt at C&S Metall Werks used an HK front with a AR rear sight set up on his build that was probably one of the best sets of irons that I've looked through as far as add on's. As far as quick aquisition, I have to go with Bob on the Docter, I have a knock off right now on a Galil, but my next s12 going the Docter route. There are a few sources that can beef them up to help with the s12 recoil.

+1 for the Krebs, Here is what I did, Eric my son was sick of that rail setup, so he wanted a new sighting system. What I did out of the goodness of my heart was put my Krebs on his gun. He has kicked my but in almost every shotgun match since. Your going to have a tough time beating the Krebs for practical fast target aquisition.

"I just use the open notch"

Exactly, so why spend the money on a much more complicated sight you're never going to really use? It makes NO sense at all, none, other than the Walter Mitty fantasy points of "My shotgun has HK sights on it". The rear notch on the HK isn't even that great of an open sight! It's just a standard v notch pushed to the rear of the gun. Probably adequate for shotgun work but I'll take a Ghost Ring over it any day.

... why spend the money on a much more complicated sight you're never going to really use?....

The shorty's a toy, and I built it the way I like. Did you read my post above where I said the HK sight was for looks, and the ghost ring has the best sight picture?

.... the Walter Mitty fantasy points of "My shotgun has HK sights on it".

lol most guys who see my gun don't even recognise them. You don't need sights to make this weapon look cool...

2006_0218ShootingTrip0016.jpg