Strange Wierd Troubling C&R Licence Question

O.K.. Sounds like a easy process. What do you do when both the Police Chief and Deputy Sheriff are friends of your Dad? I know it sounds lame but parents are conservatives but not real big gun advocates. I live in a small town so I don't know where else to get the signature from the L.E.O. deputy. I really don't really want to be paying transfer fees to a FFL. Any ideas?

Ask at a local gunclub and find out just WHO is you'r CLEO. Each state does it differently, here in MD it is

Col. Terrence Sheridan

7751 Washington Blvd.

Jessup,MD 20794

Some States do it by Co, and some by City/Town.

Some- like MD have one person for the State.

Also there is no place that says you need a signature. It just says you need to send CLEO a copy, and has a place to enter who CLEO is and what address you sent the copy to them at.

Sounds like it's time to move out of your parents basement. :haha:

It would be an idea DaGroaner. I just came out of the closet. :haha: Seriously, I find where the CLEO is. I know it is a joke but a lot of things are in the basement. Certain things happen in families were rifle/pistol can bring back bad memories. I am sure you all can understand what I mean.

It would be an idea DaGroaner. I just came out of the closet. :haha: Seriously, I find where the CLEO is. I know it is a joke but a lot of things are in the basement. Certain things happen in families were rifle/pistol can bring back bad memories. I am sure you all can understand what I mean.

I apologize, I was just kidding and certainly didn't mean to open an old wound. I would suggest having a frank converstion with your Dad's CLEO friend ahead of time and ask him to keep your confidences... confidential.

I apologize, I was just kidding and certainly didn't mean to open an old wound. I would suggest having a frank converstion with your Dad's CLEO friend ahead of time and ask him to keep your confidences... confidential.

No need to apoligize. You certainly did not know. I thought your comment was witty. They don't have basements in Florida anyway. I think a confidential meeting would be one of the best ideas. It really would be the goal to protect my family and business is if things came down to the wire. But listen to this rationality. This is from an open conversation with a neighbor of my parents who is a Mental Health Counselor. I spoke to her when I was visiting and she asked me what my feelings were. Dad would kill, mame, off, or snuff out anyone who would harm his family. As for going to the Car Dealership because an alarm and arriving before a deputy responds he does not feel that he could kill someone in self defence. The neighbor had said that he was putting no self worth on himself in that capacity only if defending family. I have told him to consider a shotgun. He may have gotten one. I don't know. I am really the one that the issue skirts around. Anyway, no ill feelings here.

Happy Thanks Giving

another floridian? I heard its the gunshine state, but since I moved here, Ive discoverd that guns are overpriced, ammo is scarce if you can find your round, and there is nowhere to shoot???

maybe you can tell me revelation.......what gives?

by the way, a 15 pellet 12 gauge round will stop anything in north america within its next step, as well as most anything with body armor, if well, placed....

another floridian? I heard its the gunshine state, but since I moved here, Ive discoverd that guns are overpriced, ammo is scarce if you can find your round, and there is nowhere to shoot???

maybe you can tell me revelation.......what gives?

by the way, a 15 pellet 12 gauge round will stop anything in north america within its next step, as well as most anything with body armor, if well, placed....

Well the only thing I can think of that is that since most of Florida is still mostly still human zombies there is less actual shooters. It is not a democrap state so I don't think that is the issue. If you were a hunter with your wal-mart .223 you would be in luck. I think it is just FFL dealers with a little profit margin and trying to make a living. 6.00 dollars for a pack of wolf FMJ sucks. I go back to Georgia and it is 3.50 - 4.00. There is nowhere to shoot. I know there is a big outdoor range in Pasco county and Manatee County. I am on the east coast and would have to drive to Palm Bay. Sometimes I think of just going way out west of town where there is nothing but citrus and kill grapefruit. The shotty is a good idea. I really wanted a mosin or swiss k31 through the C&R. Maybe a cz82 too. Christmas time so money goes for other people. Can't get greedy. C&R is the only way I can think of getting good weapons at a very fair price. Gun shows are outlandish too. I think that they prey on the rambo types and not someone who respects the pistol/rifle and would obey laws and the resposibility. I went to one in west palm and they wanted 5.00 dollars for wolf. No silver or brown bear ammo or anything else. You are right it SUCKS!

You don't need a CLEO signature to get a C&R. They merely get a copy of the application to keep on file, if I recall correctly.

+1 This is 100% correct!

Don't forget to sign up for discounts at places like MidwayUSA and Brownell's when you get yours!

Bill