How do you make AGP mags work

Is there any tricks and tips to get these things working? When useing these we have a S-12 pump. Jambs on every round of Wallys Winchester, and will not even think about feeding S&B. Heck the S&B wont even come up far enough to Jamb, it just sits there under the presure of the spring. The Factory mag works great, but I bought two of these things and they are both jamb-o-matics. I need help bad!! Any of you AGP factory reps out there have an opportunity to shine. I know from reading that many are pleased, but I understand why many are not. I dont mind doing the work, just tell me what to do.

Oh....yes I have went through the gas settings and have been reading here for a while.

Thanks in advance!!

where on earth did you get a s-12 PUMP??????? that might be the prob, those mags are for semi-auto!! ive only seen a prototype pump s-12!!

most likely not a pump, there are some agp mag fix threads floating around in the tech section, they should be helpful, or email agp directly they can answer most questions. and no agp does not have any reps that frequent this forum, unfortunatly

Edited by mavrick16o
where the f@#$ did you get a s-12 PUMP??????? that might be the prob, those mags are for semi-auto!! ive only seen a prototype pump s-12!!

I'm sorry I confused you. I simply meant that since it jambs every time....and you have to cycle it by hand... it's a pump. Get it? :rolleyes:

As far as I know Saigia does not make a "s-12 pump", but if your weapon jambs after every shot it may as well be. The factory 5 works great as a semi-auto, it's justthe AGPS. Thanks for the response. :smoke:

You don't have gas settings on a pump do you? if so WHY?

Does your gun look like this one.

post-6703-1196218851_thumb.jpg

My bad, I guess they do make a pump for some states. Please se my last post and be advised that I do have a semi-auto, and I am just having trouble with AGP Mags and need help in tinkering with them to make them work. Any suggestions? Thanks again in advance.

My bad, I guess they do make a pump for some states. Please se my last post and be advised that I do have a semi-auto, and I am just having trouble with AGP Mags and need help in tinkering with them to make them work. Any suggestions? Thanks again in advance.

Maybe this link may help you with the mags. Good luck with them. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19420

Maybe this link may help you with the mags. Good luck with them. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19420

Thanks!

Don't worry, you will have no trouble getting them to work great. It is just minor tuning.

Usually the problem is the sides of the mag body that are bowed in slightly and causing friction which doesn't let the rounds move up freely. The fix for this is to "block sand" the inside of the mag, meaning sandpaper wrapped tightly around a pc of wood that will fit in the mag and allow you to sand a very flat surface.

The other thing to check after you get the rounds and follower moving freely, is to compare the feed angle of the top round against the angle of your factory mag. But this is less likely of a problem. You might see the top round sitting at too low of an angle. If so, just slightly bend the metal feed lips to correct the angle. It will need very little bending, if any.

Just curious as to the four references to a weapon "jambing?" Could you explain jambing? :haha::unsure:

Just poking fun at ya, but if you explain yourself and the problems your experiencing more intelligently it makes it easer for those with the know how to help you.

Ok MCASgt......

Let's jam something up yer ass and then see what a jamb you will be in!

:D:D:D

:haha: With a Saiga in each hand.....come get me I dare ya!! :haha:

Seriously, its easer to correct something if the problem is stated clearly. Yes, I understood what the newb was saying however what if I understood incorrectly? Properly stated leaves little to "assume."

Hope no offense was taken by the newb...WELCOME!!

Edited by MCASgt New River

+1, Closing thread.... All this info has been posted OVER AND OVER.

Please use search.....