The Original Clip fed pump 12 ga..from 1957

Guess I'll post this here as I DO NOT see an any other shotgun thread...I've been around the firearms biz for 40 years and this is the first one of these I've owned. It has factory comp cuts in the barrel and a POlychoke, is 12 ga. , clip fed, Pump shotgun from 1957.......A Mossberg transistional model as they moved from the bolt action shotguns to the model 500. This is marked as a Model 200K.......Neat.....and appears to be factory built of left over bolt action 12 ga. parts converted to a pump. See if I can get a pic up....just interesting...

post-2142-1196619033_thumb.jpg

post-2142-1196619050_thumb.jpg

post-2142-1196619068_thumb.jpg

post-2142-1196619083_thumb.jpg

Looks like it used the same clip/magazine system they used for their bolt shotguns. Never have used one of them, so have no first hand experience, but have "heard" the bolt guns would sometimes jam if you tried to rapid fire them. True or not true? Believe the bolt guns only held 2 rounds -- is this true for the pump? Also, just how smoothly does this model cycle?

Doggone it -- ya got me curious!

Thats really neat. I have a couple Mossy bolt shotguns (595, 695) and the mag/magwells on them do appear to be the same as what you have. The stock screw is in the same place too. Very interesting little gun indeed. My 595 has the 4 rnd clip, but they are hard to find, the 2's are everywhere though . What did ya pay? Let us know how she handles

For reference:

post-635-1196707813_thumb.jpg

post-635-1196707880_thumb.jpg