Does anyone know why the Saiga 12 is coming into the country slow to non existant? :unsure:

I think the russian gov't keeps very close control on civilian weapons production, and export. Not having been a free market economy for very long they still don't seem to understand public demand + expanded production = PROFIT !!! a very bad word in mother Russia for a very long time.

They seem to be coming in shipments about every 6 months. The last one was back in May -- the next one is due any day (if not already here).

The last batch seemed to dry up around Aug/Sep. There seems like there's a lot more interest in the S12 now (especially since Gabe Suarez provided such a big endorsement to his Warrior Talk crowd) so they may fly off the shelves a little faster this time around.

Glad I got mine when I did!

Jim

They seem to be coming in shipments about every 6 months. The last one was back in May -- the next one is due any day (if not already here).

The last batch seemed to dry up around Aug/Sep. There seems like there's a lot more interest in the S12 now (especially since Gabe Suarez provided such a big endorsement to his Warrior Talk crowd) so they may fly off the shelves a little faster this time around.

Glad I got mine when I did!

Jim

Maybe so Jim but the word I heard was that this particular shipment and the next would be larger than the last couple which dried up WAY too fast. I'll believe it when I see the dealers say they have plenty. Shouldn't be long now...

What I do hate seeing is all these people who jack up the prices by trying to get way more than the current value of the weapon by selling theirs now while the demand is so high and people are so desperate. Last I heard from a good friend who's a dealer, he could get S-12s from his distributor / supplier for around $360 ea for IZ-109s. These guys asking 5 and 600 bucks for their "AS NEW" guns is totally ridiculous. :killer:

BTW welcome aboard mr_blove. I love the avatar! :super:

Edited by Cobra 76 two

NIB Saigas shouldn't be DD's. Factory configuration with 2 and 5 round mags makes them a very sportable shot gun IMO. The 20 round drums are an acceressory, cant base every gun on an after market part. I think they will have a hard time pulling that one off. Putting a NIB saiga in the same catorgy as an M203's is just stupid.

Since the BATF is a law enforcement agency their powers are limited to just that, law enforcement. They cannot introduce nor invent new regulations. As far as a firearm being officially deemed destructive device, only the Secretary of the Treasury (or Congress) has that power.

Keep in mind that all other shotguns (USAS-12, Streetsweeper) that have been titled "Destructive Device" had little or no sporting purpose in life. You certainly could not hunt with them or go to the local skeet range and use them competition. The Saiga shotgun comes out of the box with a limited 5-round mag and in a very "sporterized" form directly from the manufacturer in Russia.

The Armsel Striker and usas-12 both weighed over 10lb, had pistol grips forward of the stock, came form the factory with 10+ rounds capacity and were imports.

The Armsel (streets sweeper) could only hold 12 rounds and weighed like 12lb.

Hard to call that sporting.

The S-12 weighs about as much as my Winchester 1300.

You know they say that DD stuff just so you will pay more for the gun.

People were saying the same thing about the FN Fiveseven pistol. After the gun started to be sold in 2003 or 2004 people were saying "OMG the ATF is gona ban'em pay up suckas". Because of that the going price for them was driven up to $1400, people couldn't wait to get off $1400 for one. You had to have at least $1200 if you wanted one in late 2004 and into 2005, you couldn't find used ones any where, because people were siting on them waiting for them to turn to gold over night (it never happened). I said fuck that and waited untill I found a new one for $830. They still sell them, prices range form $800 to $1200 for a new one.

If people want to be stupid and pay $700 or $800 for a NIB factory 19'' Saiga-12, (like they do on gunbroker.com) let them. I'll be waiting for the bottem to drop out so I can pick some up for $100 or so below MSRP. I have a feeling converting them might be fun and profitable.

For some reason I can't see my self only owning one S-12 or one 1911 or just one 10/22, or only one 22LR suppressor.

"their powers are limited to just that, law enforcement".

Don't tell them that.

Edited by 748