Mag Latch and Grip Screw

What exactly do you want when you say mag latch and rivit? Do you want the trigger guard and 5 rivits to hold it to the receiver or something else. Reason I ask is I'm about to list some stuff in th FS area, and I "think" I have a trigger guard w/o mag catch, rivits, and grip screw (long AK style) in my parts box that I probably won't be using soon. I don't know about the other flavors, but on the S12, you want the housing w/o the catch as the original is retained for use FWIW.

What exactly do you want when you say mag latch and rivit? Do you want the trigger guard and 5 rivits to hold it to the receiver or something else. Reason I ask is I'm about to list some stuff in th FS area, and I "think" I have a trigger guard w/o mag catch, rivits, and grip screw (long AK style) in my parts box that I probably won't be using soon. I don't know about the other flavors, but on the S12, you want the housing w/o the catch as the original is retained for use FWIW.

actually what I need is the actual magazine catch lever unaltered and the attendant rivet and the grips screw nut.

If you have those I'm interested.

I've been looking for the same thing. The only place I have found that has unstripped trigger guards with the magazine catch is Impact Global Arms ($30). I found a link to them on www.ak47stuff.com. I haven't ordered mine yet and don't know if they are any good.

http://www.impactglobalarms.com/Sales/Sale...sales1174205541

Looks like dph arms only has stripped trigger guards.

If you find any other sources, I'd like to know. Anyone know why complete trigger guards are rare. It seems like most sites only sell stripped guards. I have had a tough time finding magazine catches.

I'm the opposite. I want to get rid of my Saiga trigger guard and oversized mag latch and use the real deal. Sure, I'll need a riveting jig, but what the heck. I have also read that it saves some hassle when using AK mags. I also don't have to be so nice to the Saiga trigger guard when removing it.

MD are you saying that I should just re-use my mag latch? Isn't it larger and wider than the standard latch? If I am going to use standard mags, won't I have to file it down? I was thinking it would just be easier to get the whole assembly and use standard parts. This is my first conversion, so maybe I'm making this more difficult than it is.

MD are you saying that I should just re-use my mag latch? Isn't it larger and wider than the standard latch? If I am going to use standard mags, won't I have to file it down? I was thinking it would just be easier to get the whole assembly and use standard parts. This is my first conversion, so maybe I'm making this more difficult than it is.

Nope.. I'm really getting at can it be reused with a stripped guard off another rifle.

MD I'll give it a shot.

I was going off of this information:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8467

There was a discussion about http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

One of the posters said:

"In step (5), I'd just use a trigger guard and magazine catch assembly that was disassembled from a working rifle. It looks better and is not near the trouble that he went through."