My new S-12 (got a question)

Got here today (man Gilbert's ships fast!) Filled out my paperwork and OTD total was 499.00. I got it home and looked it over. Does it look the same as the others or did IZ change something? Took some pics of the bottom, is the plate normal or am I gonna have to do more work to convert it????

Here's some pics!!!

CIMG1610.jpg

CIMG1603.jpg

CIMG1604.jpg

CIMG1605.jpg

CIMG1606.jpg

I noticed there's a lack of black paint on the bolt hold-open and some of the rivets, or it flaked off... *shrugs* Besides that, no defects... That's a good thing.

KW

Yeah, mine came like that too when I got it from Gilbert's last spring. What hadn't already flaked off in shipping soon did upon firing, but at least its consistent. Just on the pins and BHO, no trouble with the finish on the reciever. But like you say, *shrug* no biggie. :smoke:

I noticed there's a lack of black paint on the bolt hold-open and some of the rivets, or it flaked off... *shrugs* Besides that, no defects... That's a good thing.

KW

Yeah, mine came like that too when I got it from Gilbert's last spring. What hadn't already flaked off in shipping soon did upon firing, but at least its consistent. Just on the pins and BHO, no trouble with the finish on the reciever. But like you say, *shrug* no biggie. :smoke:

Birchwood Casey Super Blue and a cotton swab did wonders. I use it on M44/M38 parts because it's very close to the Russian black arsenal paint.

KW

KW

Birchwood Casey Super Blue and a cotton swab did wonders. I use it on M44/M38 parts because it's very close to the Russian black arsenal paint.

KW

It seems that the finish comes off on all the bolt parts. Its not like an black oxy ,buty more like a paint that is chiped and worn off. The ak parts hav a better finish fom the older days my romy g kits are to times better wear. The parts are all more heavy duty compared to saiga. I guess it's because of thre hunting standard not a war rifle. I wunder how well the stock 7.63 x 39 bolt will hold uop in full auto/. Id say will do it but will fail apon a torture test. Just aint the same. Although you can buy the full auto trigger pards put them in during the conversion and swap out the weak sagia parts. well got to go .

It seems that the finish comes off on all the bolt parts. Its not like an black oxy ,buty more like a paint that is chiped and worn off. The ak parts hav a better finish fom the older days my romy g kits are to times better wear. The parts are all more heavy duty compared to saiga. I guess it's because of thre hunting standard not a war rifle. I wunder how well the stock 7.63 x 39 bolt will hold uop in full auto/. Id say will do it but will fail apon a torture test. Just aint the same. Although you can buy the full auto trigger pards put them in during the conversion and swap out the weak sagia parts. well got to go .

wow..........don't even know where to start with this one............... just me, I guess.............

..........................ah well..........

Edited by Jeaux E