saw this on Blackjack's site and thought it was interesting.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=394

anyone have any experience with these? I like the idea of the Ace folder kits but i'm apprehensive of cutting the gun up

just d one on my s12 very easy all you have to do it remove the tang on the back of your receiver. you do not have to remove the tang though to mount the ace stock it will just be offset on the block and will look "cosmeticly unpleasing"

thats from the directions ace sent me i would just cut the tang very easy cut flush to the receiver in back and smooth thats it

thanks for the reply! Is the tang something I could replace later on if I decided to go with a fixed stock or is this a one time shot?
The tang is easily replaced at a local build party. At worst, you can send it to an AK smith and have it done.
saw this on Blackjack's site and thought it was interesting.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=394

anyone have any experience with these? I like the idea of the Ace folder kits but i'm apprehensive of cutting the gun up

From experience...go with the collapsible stock...you can add a Tapco recoil pad and make the shoulder take less

Sorry I missed this earlier, when I put the internal block in my S-12 (older EAA gun) we had to grind about an 1/8" off the front of the block (front as in the part that goes into the receiver first). I was just a clearance issue, there is still more than enough metal back there.

Wasn't hard, but like I found out with my conversion "some fitting may be required" :) its not an AR

When you cut the tang off, make sure the new receiver block is angled properly. If not, your stocks lines will not match that of the receiver. If you look at enough conversion pics you'll see what I mean.

Has anyone actually removed the rear trunnion completely, and drilled out the new rear trunnion to fit and rivet in place? To be honest with you, comming from the builds I've seen and done before, the tang cutting/ bolting together thing seems kinda ghetto to me.

Has anyone actually removed the rear trunnion completely, and drilled out the new rear trunnion to fit and rivet in place? To be honest with you, comming from the builds I've seen and done before, the tang cutting/ bolting together thing seems kinda ghetto to me.
Not quite sure what you mean....
Not quite sure what you mean....

Has anyone removed the original saiga trunnion, and replaced it with the ACE, Tromix or other similar rear stock adapter (drilling the holes in it to rivet to the receiver, thus creating a new trunnion), instead of screwing it to the original saiga trunnion that had the tang cut off but left in the receiver?

Edited by lammy