Oven curing

So I have some high temp engine paint I want to use on my receiver.

I would like to oven cure it, but I'm concerned about odor.

Does oven curing using this type of paint give off any odors?

I don't want any "surprises" and most importantly I don't want to piss off the wife!

If you are going to the trouble of baking it, why not get a can of Brownell's gun coat. It's $20 a can and you can do about three guns per can. I always heat the gun at the recommended temp for about ten minutes and the spray it while it is hot. It goes on with a nice flat finish and drys almost instantly cutting down on the smell. You end up with a much more durable finish than what you get with paint. It also seals the metal better and moisture cant get to it. The smell is really bad if you fail to get all of the oil out of those hard to reach places. Acetone works well at removing the oil but you will want to use latex gloves in a well ventelated area with acetone. Brownell's also has a non-heating spray on finish but you have to be patient and let it cure for about a week. It comes in a variety of colors.

Let it dry for a day or so and just bake it when nobody else is home. If it's too bad, open a window for a little bit. I bake MolyResin in the house all the time, it's almost a joke with the wife and kids that I'm cooking gun parts again. In reality, it only takes an hour and shortly after the smell is gone. If your worried about residue, crank up the oven for a bit when your done and do a burn off, but it's probably not neccessary. Not really a big deal, but then again, my wife is very understanding in my immaturity.

Seriously though, you would be better off using an old oven outside of your house bro.

+1.

Personally, I wouldn't bake any gun in an oven that I also cook food in. Regular high temp paint probably isn't *that* bad, but some bake on gun coatings are highly carcinogenic.