Reliablity of Saiga 12

Hello guys! I am seriously conidering buying a Saiga 12 in just a few days...maybe less! I have a Glock 23 and a SKS and I have fallen in love with the reliablity of both of those guns. I have rapid fired thousands of rounds through both of those guns and NOT ONCE have either one of them jammed up on me or malfunctioned in any way.

If I get a Saiga 12..... should I expect the same reliablity that I get from my Glock and SKS? I have read a few posts about people that have trouble cycling the rounds through, but I am assuming that is because they have been improperly modified.

Let me know!

Thanks

Lets put your troubles to the side. These are extremely reliable weapons. There have been a few flawed ones that have left Mother Russia that way; gas port holes weren't done correctly, sights off center, missing gas plug. Good news is that these are all easy fixes, and if you buy new, most companies have been very stand up to replace or fix problems. Buy with confidence, these are excellent weapons! Questions are answered quickly around here if you get in over your head!

Lets put your troubles to the side. These are extremely reliable weapons. There have been a few flawed ones that have left Mother Russia that way; gas port holes weren't done correctly, sights off center, missing gas plug. Good news is that these are all easy fixes, and if you buy new, most companies have been very stand up to replace or fix problems. Buy with confidence, these are excellent weapons! Questions are answered quickly around here if you get in over your head!

I'm new to the Saiga following and my S12, bought in November hasn't been stellar. However, using infor here on the forum I've greatly improved the guns feel, function and aesthetics. In fact, my first 2 range sessions pretty well sucked. However, I've made steady improvements since. These have all been very easy changes, mods & upgrades. The most frustrating part has been changing only one thing at a time between range sessions. If my current rate of progress is sustained, within 2 range sessions I should have flawless performance. Only one failure last session, a round did not fully escape the mag and jammed into the bottom of the barrel. I believe this was actually an ammo issue as every other round fed just fine. It was a Brenneke slug, FWIW...

Be careful though. The Saiga 12 can be... addictive. :blues:

They are pretty reliable, the only time you're going to find problems are because:

1. The gun is brand new and everything is stuck and stiff

2. The gun and ammo don't agree (all 12ga is different materials, shapes, and crimps)

3. The magazine you're using

I recently started to reload using a brand new press, and that means I made a lot of shells with terrible crimps that looked as if they had no chance in a million of cycling. 1 jammed out of 50, and boy did that one have a terrible crimp on it, the top of the shell wasn't even round. It ate the nastiest looking shells I've ever seen. However, mine will NOT fire Winchester Walmart Bulk Pack stuff, oh my god it hates that stuff. The Federal stuff cycles 99% of the time.