Bull Pup Saiga 308, anyone ever do one?

Just curious. I got the bull pup bug last night again after reading about the Kel-Tek rifle again. I have seen the AK bull pups sold by Century and think there is much room for improvement. It would need a better trigger linkage then the wire used in those kits. Just curious if anyone ever considered one.

Edited by Saigaczech

I thought all those stock kits were a 7.62x39? If someone made one of those work for a 308,I'd like to see some pics and some shooting results! I think the Kel-Tec will be just like the Rock River AR-10.....advertised, but never seen! OR....seen but in such a small quantity that it will never make it to the general public like AK's did. OR... they'll have many teething problems like all new guns that come out these days. Stupid consumers like us actually expect the things to work right out of the box like an AK or a Glock....but most never do. Then there's the endless calls to the factory as to when is my gun going to be fixed? And then they say "next week" and 6 months later , you're calling again! Then the company goes belly up and you're out your money and your gun!!!!!

Here's a pic of my 7.62x39 I made. I think it could be done with a .308. I really like how this one shoots, very controlable.

BTW this isnt from a kit.

pict0014of3.jpg

Real nice. Was it originally one of the Century AMD_65 knock offs? I have a AMD 65 build from a parts kit. Where did you find the rear stock and how did you rig up the front trigger mechanism. Just Curious. Now you have me thinking of playing with my Saiga 308 some more. I figure one could utilize the scope mount on the left side to cook up a removable cheek rest so you did not have to have it against dust cover. Anyway, yeah that is what I am thinking about.