TWO questions: Where do you find most AK-47 stuff for sale? & Do y

NOTE TO MODERATORS: Please bear with me on posting my topic in this part of the forum.

I think I will reach more of the people this topic is meant for, and in doing so the members have more to gain from a larger number of readers. :angel:

TOPIC STARTS HERE:

1.) I happen to subscribe to Shotgun News and I used to find most of my deals on ammo, firearms, accessories from reading it.

Over the last year or so my 2 issues a month have been delivered closer and closer together until the last 2 months when they have been delivered on the same day.

The problem is lately I am getting 2 issues at the same time and by the time I get the current one I have missed out on any deals in the older one.

Is anyone else who subscribes, having the same problem?

2.) If you do not subscribe to SGN, where do you find most info on AK47 ammo, accessories, etc., sales and information? Not just things for sale but articles about the AK47 that can apply to the Saiga.

louielouie

I don't look at any print media for sales and information. They usually have a 3 month (or more) lead time for their content.

You've got the WWW right here, where the information usually shows up first.

I've seen a lot of ads in SGN that were for a product that was sold out weeks before due to its availability on the internet.

Where do "I" look? Why, right here, of course, and a few other places: http://www.akforum.net http://www.gunco.net and so on

Edited: I stopped reading SGN regularly years ago when they changed something, and the quality and content totally got in the handbasket (imho).

Edited by nalioth

Brother the bigger forums, usually people post stuff all the time, the more people the more

stuff is post, usually in the for sale sections.

Some times here, some times the AK forum, AK47.net, the AK files forum, the Vlamet.org etc.

Plus send PMs and e-mail to people all over the net, get pamphlets from a lot of places

like Midways-USA ( if you register with them on your birthday usually they give you from

10% to 30% off on stuff you buy there) at list used to be that way, 2 years ago on my B-day

got a heavy barrel for my 10/22 cost about 105.00 for about 75.00, plus get e-mails

from a lot of places too, letting me know when stuff is on sale or in stock.

That why the net was created, the flow of information is all around if you know how to look into it.

Edited by vjor

This is a very common problem with SGN, that and missing issues as well. They are usually pretty good about fixing it, but it is annoying.

I agree that the net is more current, but I like SGN to give me a ballpark idea of an items value before I start pricing on the Internet.

'Azrial'

"...I like SGN to give me a ballpark idea of an items value before I start pricing on the Internet."

This is really what I am looking for in the SGN. You have described it better than I did.

louielouie