Glock Rear Sights???????

I think I read on the board that glock rear sights will fit the dovetail on the saiga 12. Right? Are the all the same or is there a specific model I should look for? Browsing gunbroker there is quite a variety available. I got the AK style front sight from the saiga store here and also the replacement rear sight. I didn't install the rear sight because IMO it did not seem to offer any height or visibility benefit over the rear sight already on the shotgun.

From what I have read, the rear sight that goes with the Russian elevated sight is somehow different, and better with that sight.

You are probably thinking of the Glock rear sight mod that I did on my gun and posted pics of. It does NOT fit the dovetail.

I used a factory S-12 rear support from a rib sight (like the one on the IZ-108) and cut a Glock pistol sight to fit into it. It works great with the Russian elevated AK style sight.

post-1293-1200839987_thumb.jpg

Ruckem Frucken DOUBLE DOG DARN. Foiled again I guess. Thats what I want but I guess I can't do that on my shotgun with the pistol rear sights. If I see some rear sights I like and cheap enough I might have to buy them and see what magic I can do with der dremel and the other stuff that some say has no use on a gun.

Dimension wise the replacement rear sight just had a narrower blade opening which for the shotgun I do not see as an advantage. Height and width wise it is exactly the same except for cheaply made looking and plainer than what is on the shotgun.

I would love to have a rear sight for the S-12 with a smaller notch. To me that is the worst thing about the stock sights.

You can probably find someone here to sell, or even give you a rear sight for the rib style guns. Most people hate those for some reason and take them off first thing.

Can you change a rib style to pistol style? If so I'll trade ya straight across rocinate.

Yes you can Shane but you will have to fabricate your own front sight pin. Not hard at all, just cut the threaded stud down flush and drill it for a pin. You can even tap it and screw in a fiber optic if you want.

The rear sight just drifts out of the dovetail and is replaced by a normal rear sight.

I have one I'll trade ya for the rib system if you want.

I did a Cobra original rear sight in Glock format. I ordered a spare G-19 rear sight to go into the S12 rear and trimmed the glock dovetail I had to sand about 3mils off each side of mine and tapped into my factory rear sight on the Saiga.

You can see it in the 2nd pic down from this site of some of my long arms.

http://www.twinhairdryers.0catch.com/

That glock rear sight is awesome. I look at it and line up a long pistol with the elevated AK front post. I can shoot 4" circles at 50 yards with those iron sights all day with wolf slugs. You would not believe the clarity of the rear sight..............

Edited by twinhairdryers

That is awesome twinhairdryers. To paraphrase "The glock G-19 rear sight dovetail is very close in size and shape to the S12 rear sight dovetail and simply needs slight modification to slip right in." Right?

Do all glock pistol rear sights use the same dovetail? I saw an adjustable rear sight that was inexpensive and cool.

Edit: I think I misunderstood what you did. So much for reading comprehension skills first pass. I don't think you said you just drifted the old sight out, shaped the glock sight up a little and popped it into place. I wish that is what you said.

I did a Cobra original rear sight in Glock format.

and Cobra said

I used a factory S-12 rear support from a rib sight (like the one on the IZ-108) and cut a Glock pistol sight to fit into it.

So the question is I guess is where can I acquire a factory S-12 rear support from a rib sight?

Edited by rocinante
That is awesome twinhairdryers. To paraphrase "The glock G-19 rear sight dovetail is very close in size and shape to the S12 rear sight dovetail and simply needs slight modification to slip right in." Right?

Do all glock pistol rear sights use the same dovetail? I saw an adjustable rear sight that was inexpensive and cool.

Edit: I think I misunderstood what you did. So much for reading comprehension skills first pass. I don't think you said you just drifted the old sight out, shaped the glock sight up a little and popped it into place. I wish that is what you said.

I did a Cobra original rear sight in Glock format.

and Cobra said

I used a factory S-12 rear support from a rib sight (like the one on the IZ-108) and cut a Glock pistol sight to fit into it.

So the question is I guess is where can I acquire a factory S-12 rear support from a rib sight?

Like I said above, ask around on the site. Post a WTB thread in the for sale section and if someone has one they don't need anymore, they will let you know.

Glocks have different sight heights.

The 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 37, 37, & 38's use a 6.5mm high

while the 20, 21, 29, 30, 31 and 32 use 6.9mm high sights.

I do believe that the dovetail for all of them are the same.

You have to cut the dovetail off anyway, along with both sides, so any Glock sight will work.

Night sights would be TITS!

Homey sites.....nahhhhh...lol

I love my SureSights. Although they are for pistols, I don't think with the distance between the sights on a long arm, they would work on a rifle or shotgun.

animatedHorizontal.gif

Edited by ragnarock47

Way back someone posted that they used a rear sight for a CZ-75. CDNN used to carry them. I do NOT know if this really fits, I just remember the post, i wonder if anyone has both an S-12 and a CZ-75 to see if they are compatible?

hey cobra did you bead blast your bolt in the top pic? That looks awesome, I may have to do that.

Yes, actually pistonring8 bead blasted that one with some of my other ones. I like it too but it's bare steel so you have to keep it from rusting with some TLC. A little light rust may form from time to time, but it's easy to just fine sand, steel wool, or polish back off. I chose to stay with the satin "in the white" bare steel finish, rather than polish it up all bright and shiny.

Dinzag found an easier solution that prevents rust and doesn't require blasting. He used some paint (aluminum oxide I think) from the auto parts store and just sanded & painted his. I'm going to try that on the .308 I'm building now.

advantagetacsight1.jpgadvantagetacsight2.jpg

The rear part is easy enough. The front would need to be welded on to the

front of the gas tube.

Hey tman, I like those sights. Can you give me some info on what you did? And where to get? thanx. FMJ.

I am considering using these sites on my Saiga 12. No install yet. The set is $100

Color choices included in each set are white, yellow , red , orange , or green front sight.

White, yellow , red , orange , or green rear sight. Swap and change all you want.

I like the green rear with the red front.

sw_web_2.jpg

http://www.advantagetactical.com/index.html

SPECS: Steel, black sights w/orange, red, green, yellow, and white polymer inserts. Models for Glock, Sig Sauer, Springfield XD pistols. S&W fits Smith & Wesson K, L, and N frame revolvers with factory adjustable sights.

Pistol models feature a windage adjustable rear sight with unique clamping system that locks solidly against the dovetail with setscrew pressure. Front sight includes installation tool and metal shims for elevation adjustment.

A combination night sight is in the works. The main problem is mounting the front.

Edited by tman2007sc
I love my SureSights. Although they are for pistols, I don't think with the distance between the sights on a long arm, they would work on a rifle or shotgun.

I like that sight idea a lot. Just make sure you complete the triangle and concentrate on the point. I have not seen that before and really like it.

Rocinante - the Glock 19 sight required some sanding only and a small punch to slide it tightly into the rear sight on my ribbed version. It was not a dremel job, just a 2 side sanding. It really works well with the elevated AK rear sight. Two turns of adjustment and it zeroed in at 50 yards. I put a small dab of glow paint on the front sight post top, and it has a sight picture like a Glock, with a little bit more snort when you pull the trigger :). Hit the enlarge and magnify a couple times on this pic.

SAIGA-12-3.JPG

Edited by twinhairdryers
Rocinante - the Glock 19 sight required some sanding only and a small punch to slide it tightly into the rear sight on my ribbed version. It was not a dremel job, just a 2 side sanding. It really works well with the elevated AK rear sight. Two turns of adjustment and it zeroed in at 50 yards. I put a small dab of glow paint on the front sight post top, and it has a sight picture like a Glock, with a little bit more snort when you pull the trigger :). Hit the enlarge and magnify a couple times on this pic.

SAIGA-12-3.JPG

+1

I used a razor knife to slice off a little from both sides, and the bottom, til it fit snug in the old rib support and was very close to POI. With this system and the adjustability it offers, slug accuracy is greatly increased.