Saiga .410 converted to 12ga?

Hello, sorry if this has been asked, but, a dealer on another forum is selling a Saiga .410 and says that it can be converted to a 12ga by swapping the barrel off a 12ga Remington 870 shotgun, is this true? I don't think it would work, but I don't know much about shotguns. Thanks.

Hello, sorry if this has been asked, but, a dealer on another forum is selling a Saiga .410 and says that it can be converted to a 12ga by swapping the barrel off a 12ga Remington 870 shotgun, is this true? I don't think it would work, but I don't know much about shotguns. Thanks.

I don't see that as being possible to do there are big differences internally between a .410 and a 12. The bolt carrier, bolt ,extractor ,receiver rails, front trunnion , and gas block would all have to be changed out.

Edited by Superhawk138

I doubt it. I wouldn't be a direct swap anyhow. The 870 is a pump, no gas ports to work the action. The extractor would be wrong, and that's just the beginning. I'd go elsewhere. This guy's blowing smoke up your ass.

out of curiosity... how much does he want for it?!?!?

Just because it wont convert to a 12 gauge... doesnt mean you cant score a killer deal on a 410... Best 410 on the planet!!! :up:

:smoke:

He sold it yesterday. I'm pretty sure to some schmuck who believed the 12ga conversion crap. I would have bought it, but after he tried to feed me that line off bull I chose not to do business with him.