Need some measurements for magwell purposes.

What kind of clearance do you have between the receiver and your stock folded. The distance between the receiver wall and the side of your folding stock at the narrowest point, within the length of the front of the magwell and the mag release lever.

I would like your measurements for any folding stock you have. Multiple posts for the same type of stock is fine, I want to see the different tolerances out there. I really, really need a few measurments from Saiga-12C folding stocks (the one with the front retaining hook).

Measurements can be standard or metric, just try to be as precise and accurate as you can.... 0.XXX inches or XX.XXmm would be best but fractions are fine if you don't have precise measuring equipment. Please remember to state your stock make and model with the measurements. Thanks in advance and I really appreciate those that help.

Dang,

I wish I had a folding stock in my grubby little hands so I could score some browny points with MD!

Come on fellas! Help MD out so I can get one of these things!

Jake

I'm with Jake on this one...I figured everyone would have calipers out and kissing up :wub: soooooo MD where's my druuummm??? remember I'm the one that measured my guuunnn for yooooouuuuuuuu....

Ace with external block folded...

6 1/8" from rear of rec to end of metal butt plate. + 1" pad

This stock is 16" to 19.25" (unfolded) from the end of metal butt plate to rear and front of receiver's magwell.

post-1293-1201539018_thumb.jpg

Closeup of clearance to side of receiver...(at rest)...this measurement is .484" on mine

post-1293-1201539033_thumb.jpg

Pressed inward to where it stops...measurement here is .084"

post-1293-1201539048_thumb.jpg

With this setup there is enough clearance for the Russian Magwell...

post-1293-1201539181_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1201539193_thumb.jpg

Even with the stock pressed in and flexing against the hinge spring, this stock just does hit the widest part of the magwell.

Most will probably have the internal block instead, which will give even better clearance because the butt of the folded stock will be farther forward.

Wish I could help with a 12-C but looks like Tony has that covered. Maybe one day.....

Giving this a bump. None else wants to list some of their measurements? Maybe some of you guys that are receiving your group buy kits? I could use a pic of someones Tromix/Lage stock (with and without the limbsaver would be great) from the same angle that sKott used for his 12C.